Friday 23 February 2024

This week's smiles.....week 362

 Hello all.  I'm so sorry I was away last week....but it wasn't of my choosing.  My internet  was down and boy did I miss it.....thankfully it's all fixed now and we have been offered a month free as compensation for the poor quality we had had since the installation.....So now I'm smiling again :-)

I'm sharing a couple of pics I had ready for last week and this week's smiles...




This has to make you smile....it certainly has had me smiling.

I love the bright red colour of my amaryllis...Thanks Shell xx








Mark, Gina and the boys went to West Midland Safari park in the half term holidays and shared a few photos with me....Louie wasn't impressed with Bluey :-) :-)



Sam had to make his outfit to go back to school with....he was to be a Fyrd which was the name given to the army of Harold Godwinson.....it was made up of freeman or paidmen who would fight for the King of short durations and you usually had to supply your own weapons.  This was to be used in the Battle of Hastings....and yes I did have to look it up :-)

I just love how creative he is and how hard he works.




Lexi loves Sushi and she even likes to make her own....I prefer my fish cooked lol.





We had little visitors at the weekend and Louie was really facinated in how his Grandad was fitting the ironing board to the top of my new trolley with hinges.....I'm sure he will be just like his Grandad and Daddy who turn their hand to anything.






Theo was keen to learn what stitches he could sew on my sewing machine and even learnt how to type in and write his name on it :-)

He next wants to learn how to make a tricky marble maze....watch this space  :-)












Of course it wouldn't be a Friday without a few funnies...I hope something here makes you chuckle and you will leave me a little message before linking up to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x



10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm here by there is no Linky. Here is Bleubeard's and my link: https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2024/02/ffo-and-friday-smiles_21.html

Your amaryllis is beautiful.

Looks like Theo not only enjoyed Bluey, he also had fun with a real blue headed parrot.

Looks like Sam was all ready to do battle at the Battle of Hastings. I'm like you. I prefer my fish cooked too, but I applaud Lexi for her creations.

Some of the funnies had me laughing, especially Park Place. Have a super weekend, Annie.

mamapez5 said...

Your amarylis is so beautiful.
It is good to see the children taking an interest in what youare doing. From hubby right down to Louie, a handyman in the house is such a bonus!
Your funnies started my day off witha smile. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I see the link is up, now.

Lisca said...

Your grandchildren are so creative! And they learn so many ways to express their creativity from their grandparents. Like watching when granddad fixes stuff. That’s the way to learn. My late husband learned all his diy skills from his dad and I can sew because I always saw my grandmother sew. She never specifically taught me, but I was always watching her.
I have no idea what a marble maze is, so I looked it up. Now I understand. It’s a fidget thingy. Is it completely closed off? I mean, does the marble stay inside all the time?
Oh that amaryllis is stunning!
I giggled at the funnies. Sun ray therapy is for me. I’ll move my chair according to the sun…
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, Looks like you've made up for last friday. We only realise how much we use the internet when it's not there. Lovely family pics and great collection of funnies too. It amazes me how vivid the colours can be on flowers. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

That all sounds like fun and interesting times!
Thank you for the smiles, to, much needed, being "sick" from spider-bites...

LA Paylor said...

making her own sushi? and your amarylis is astounding! Love the color and definition in your photo makes it one I want to draw.
thanks!
LeeAnna

Cloudia said...

Fun post. Thank you! Aloha!

Catriona said...

Amazing amaryllis-you’ll have seen mine is somewhat lacking compared with yours. Super photos and thanks for sharing.
Catriona

Kelly said...

I love when we can get the grands involved. Great history lesson!
Love that Amarylis. Neither of my Red Lion bloomed this year. Probably helped if I'd water them more often. hehe
FYI Fish IS cooked for Sushi- usually smoked or artificial crab. Sashimi is the raw fish.
I don't eat either one but my daughter is an aficionado. LOL
Creative Blessings!