Wednesday 21 February 2024

WOYWW....

 It's been a trying sort of week here at Sewing by Annie's because our internet started playing up [and we only had full fibre installed in January].  It kept dropping out and eventually on Thursday it stopped all together....and boy don't we miss it when we haven't got it?  I felt like my right hand had been chopped off...there is so much in the house that uses it!!   We called an engineer out who came at lunchtime on Friday and he pointed out that the fitter that installed our fibre had stapled through the cable!!  Thankfully he was able to replace the cable and within minutes we were back online.

It's been a quiet week with customers so I have used my time well and.....





.....completed the strip quilt I was making.  There is still a lot of fabrics strips left so I may have to make another or find something else to use them on.



On my little ironing board are 12 little marble mazes I have made for the charity.  I made two for Theo and Louie and they were such a success that I am certain they will sell well.

Apparantly Theo loved his so much that he thinks he'd like to make a really difficult one with me next time he comes :-) :-) :-)




That's all from me for this week.  I hope your week has been trouble free and you have lots of fun creative things to share with us when I call in to see you.

Hugs,

Annie x

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you are back online Annie - it is frustrating when the internet goes down. Fab mazes and quilt. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The marble mazes look fun, what a great idea! It’s the sort of thing my boys would have loved (probably still would!) Fab quilt too, they’re a fun way of using up odds and sods!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Twiglet said...

I will look forward to seeing the marble run. Great idea. X x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So pleased everything has settled for you with the internet. I think you should make the post of not having many customers, it wont last long lol! Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x11x

Diana Taylor said...

What a gorgoeus quilt and a great way to use up fabric bits and bobs. The marble run looks intriguing and a lot of fun - what a fab idea.
Have a great week,
Diana xx #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, that's an epic fail from me on the creative desk front, but I'll be back! Love the marble run idea, how clever, I think you're right about selling well!

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad your internet’s sorted. You just can’t get the staff! I love the idea of Theo helping you to make a marble maze - photos please! Your strip quilt is beautiful.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 16 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Gorgeous quilt Glad your all set for Online again..We are all addicted to that world. I love it that your grands enjoy all your hobbies. Have a great week

Crafting With Jack said...

I have not seen marble mazes like that before. Does the marble stay in and you have to “work” it along? Must be good if the children approve. Happy WOYWW Angela #14

Lisa-Jane said...

I think internet access is becoming rather like electricity and water - it should count as an essential supply now I think! I've never seen those marble mazes before and I'm totally intrigued. I think they'd be fab for people with anxiety, maybe even could be made at schools for kids to use there so that they have something to focus on to help calm them down. Brilliant! Lisa-Jane #9 https://www.prettymypage.co.uk/woyww-768/

Chana Malkah said...

The quilt turned out beautifully! So happy that your internet is restored!
Enjoy the remainder of your week!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Spyder said...

I was go a little bit crazy if anything happened to my internet. John always knew who to phone to get it fixed...I haven't a clue! Maybe I should find out! The quilt looks fabulous! Have a great week. Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#17

Kelly said...

what is it about boys/ men that think things have to be bigger, faster, more power, etc? LOL

Love the strip quilt. Once the studio is in order there are several I want to work on.
Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly #18