Wednesday 31 January 2024

WOYWW....

 Where do these weeks go?  It doesn't seem 5 mins since last Wednesday....I guess that's a sign that I've had a busy week.

I have...

  • Made 5 peg bags....and sold two of them as soon as they were finished.
  • Made 3 aprons  [ I have handed over the peg bags and aprons with the little frogs and another strip quilt to Harry Johnson Trust and forgot to snap them before they went ].
  • Shortened a pair of jeans to make them into shorts
  • Shortened 3 layers on the hems of a wedding dress and made and inserted panels under the arms to let them out [a very tricky job, needing a lot of patience but thankfully now finished].
  • Shortened a dress and shortened the sleeves so it's now a short sleeved dress.
  • and.....


I was asked to make some more hair scrunchies for the charity so I made 16.
I am still to make more glasses cases and some bags :-)
I had a good catch up with Sally who runs the Harry Johnson Trust on Saturday and it was good to find out what had sold and what she needed more of.





That's all from me for today.  I hope you're all fit, well and happy.  If you leave me a little message to say you've called in I will do my best to pay you a visit to see what's on your desk today.
Hugs,
Annie x


11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad the fund raising is going well Annie. You seem as busy as ever! Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

That's a busy week! Well done on the continued fund raising. Happy WOYWW helen #1

Twiglet said...

Wonder woman strikes again! Well done on your busy week. Hope we can manage a catch so I can see what you are up to x x Jo

Neet said...

That's another busy sewing week for Annie - all stitched up! Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Reading about the tricky alternations to the wedding dress, have you ever had an alteration that you couldn't solve? Just wondered. I can well imagine you would beaver away at it until you got there so bet it hasn't happened.
Slept until 7.30 this morning so had a good night, still tired so bet I am away again before long
I need to waken up ad smell the roses.
Have a good day/week Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

There's no wonder the days go quickly, you're alaways so busy. I should think altering a wedding dress could be a bit scary really. Guess now January is over the rest of the year will go quickly too. Have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

Crafting With Jack said...

I think both you and Jan deserve medals for all your fund raising. With busy weeks like yours, February will go just as quickly. Happy WOYWW Angela #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Woweee busy as ever! The fundraising for HJ Trust is quite pacey, isn't it, love that you can have feedback on what does and doesn't sell, it saves waste and time, which is not what volunteers want to be a result of their work, huh. As for a three layered wedding dress hem and panels. just ugh. !!!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Am loving the wreath as your header, it looks fab!! You’ve had a busy old week again, lovely to see the things you’ve made and how useful to get feedback as to what to make! The scrunchies look really good with that label on!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Busy busy busy as ever!! You are so talented and The HJ Trust must be so pleased with everything you do.Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #15

Chana Malkah said...

Your scrunchies are lovely! After reading your impressive list of completed tasks, I feel like a slacker.

BTW, your wreath is just too gorgeous.

Crack on and have a fabulous remainder of your week!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Lisa-Jane said...

They must be so grateful for your donations at the trust especially as they seem to be selling really well too. What a great charity to be involved with. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10