Friday 26 January 2024

This week's smiles....week 359

 Here we are at another catch up of all our things that has made us smile from the last week....the week seems to have flown.  I've had a lot of sewing this week and that always makes me smile.  I also had time to finish my Spring wreath that I have now put as my blog header....I smile every time I look at it and am hoping it hastens Spring because that's my favour season of the year.



We had a lovely time with little Louie yesterday.....he's such a little character and his speech is coming on leaps and bounds now [you really do have to be careful what you say now ;-) ].





We had a visit from Shell while Louie was here and I really love this photo of her reading a book with him....he loves his Aunty Shell :-)







I'm hoping you can click on this so you can read it because it really had us chuckling......I'm so glad times have changed.



Of course I found a few funnies to share with you too.....I hope they raise a smile or two.

Please leave me a little comment so I know you've called in and then link up to your own smiles at the bottom.

Hugs,

Annie x

7 comments:

Twiglet said...

Lovely photo of Louie and Aunty Shell. Happy days! x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, Louie is so cute but you're right to be careful what you say in front of him they seem to pick up all the things they shouldn't at his age Lol! The funnies are good. I guess there might still might be some wives that would love to stay at home and look after their hubbies but I can.t imagine there are many that can afford to. Have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful wreath!
Cute Louie and huh? Was that written by a man???? Take his shoes off...
Thanks for the funnies, too, have a great Friday full of smiles (I have my week on on Tuesdays as a blogger started it there. She was in her 40s and passed away in an operation, so I feel like I have to stick with Tuesday..., I hope you understand...)

mamapez5 said...

Your spring wreath is lovely. I do love all the spring flowers. I hope the bad weather you have been having won't delay them too much.
You have a very well stocked 'granny toy box' and Louie gets really involved when playing with things which is lovely to see.
It is good when they start to talk so they can tell you what they want or chat about what they are doing, and reading books with them is a great way to kick start their speech, but as you say, they also learn to say the wrong things if you are not careful!
Have a great weekend. Kate x

Catriona said...

Love your spring wreath header-so bright and cheerful with the promise of things to come.x Catriona

Lisca said...

What a lovely wreath! I read your post this morning, but I was out all day so I read it on my phone. The header doesn't appear on my phone and neither can I comment on my phone (don't know why), so now I'm home and can use my my laptop, here I am.
Louie is gorgeous. He is growing so fast! And here with aunty Shell, what a great photo. It's always good to get children into books as early as possible.
Your funnies had me giggling. Especially the one about 'dry January'. That sounds like my sister! The one with the pigeons and the man washing his car took a little while to dawn on me, but once I realized what I was looking at, I burst out laughing.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

yes to book reading, sharing time with aunties, and those little feet peeping out. Yes to walls of toys! and your wreathe is so pretty
LeeAnna