Friday 5 January 2024

This week's smiles....week 356

 Here we are at the first smiley post of 2024.  I hope you have all enjoyed the festive break and are starting the new year off well and happy.  I've had my first customer of 2024 and have others planning to come soon and that makes me smile.  I've even started planning a new creative project...I may post more about that on my Wednesday post.

Friday night my hubby and I went to the Birmingham Rep theatre to see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe [my favourite book as a child].  The show was amazing.  Amy, Dave and family treated us to the tickets for Christmas so it was a real treat....many thanks to all.



We completed our Christmas jigsaw....it was GREEN!!!!

I dont like sprouts at the best of times and this was really challenging....all the pieces were the same size/shape so we just had to go on the colours....GREEN!!!

Having spent 7 years in fleecy green knickers at secondary school it has never been a favourite colour :-)





Little Louie was bought a standing frame for Christmas so he could 'help' in the kitchen....both boys love to help in the kitchen and this puts him at the right height safely....he loves it.













Angela shared with us last week some of the positions her fur babies get into to sleep so I thought I'd share these couple with you.  Milly gets into all sorts of positions to sleep ...I guess she must be comfy??




















Of course I have to finish up with a few funnies...it wouldn't be a Friday without would it?

Please leave me a little message so I know you've called in and if you can then please link to your own smiles below.


6 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

You sure made me laugh about green! Here we don´t have school uniforms. No idea if this is good or bad
I live in the Volkswagen-area, so there are many rich kids who wear Nike and Co to school to demonstrate their parents are rich...
I´ve never heard of a standing chair - very cool and so cute a scene!
Especially the last one made me laugh - to a Happy New Year with many smiles and laughs x

Twiglet said...

The funnies made me smile today! Autocorrect! Ha ha. A peas full New Year makes a change from sprouts. x x 😂😂

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm with you Annie, my favourite book too. I actually love sprouts but not so much the jigsaw, looked difficult. It's very noticeable that dogs like to hang their heads low, no idea why but she does look comfy. Great idea with the high stool too. Get those kids used to washing up as quick as possible Lol! Hope your new year is a happy one. Hugs, Angela xxx

mamapez5 said...

Haha. Ours were nevy blue but I feel your pain!
That very green puzzle must have been quite a challenge so well done for completing it.
The standing frame is a great idea. The little ones do love to help in the kitchen.
I love the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe and can imagine it would make a great show. Kate x

Lisca said...

I could almost copy what Iris wrote. In the Netherlands we didn't have school uniforms either, but I have lived in the UK so I have seen them. In our area the uniform was black. It looked really awful on children. Black trousers, black jumper, black anorak, black everything. Poor kids. At least green, also not my favorite colour, is a bit better than black.
That jigsaw is nigh impossible to do. Well done you for completing it. Kudos!
I had never heard of a standing frame. But it is a really good idea to get kids involved in what you do.
I'm seeing floods on the news. Awful. Are you affected? I hope not.
The funnies had me giggling.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

I had a black lab chelsea. Once I came home and saw pink peeps sugar all over HER nose and an empty box nearby and she was across the room from the kitchen. How she got those off the counter, out of the grocery bag was sheer desire.
the standing platform is a great idea for budding chefs