Friday 19 January 2024

This week's smiles.....week 358

 Here we are at another weekly catch up of the things that has made us smile from the last week.  I've had a stinker of a head cold but I've still had lots to smile about and thankfully my cold is drying up now although I am still coughing.








Saturday night we celebrated Shell's 40th birthday.....how did my first born reach 40!! It only seems 5 mins since I was 40 and two mins since she was born.





It's been a lot colder here this week so Milly has been glad of her fleece jumper.





It looks like this flock of birds has seen my hubby filling up the bird feeders...it made me chuckle.





We had a fun day with the boys on Tuesday.  I taught Theo how to make paper aeroplanes and boats then I made them a couple of hankie mice....my dad used to make one for me as a child so it brought me back many happy memories watching the boys play with them.  They built a maze and a house out of the duplo for their mice to play in....happy memories.



Finally here's a few funnies to make you smile.  I hope you will leave me a little message before linking up to your own smiles at the bottom of the page.

Have a great week filled with lots of smiles.

Hugs,

Annie x

8 comments:

Lisca said...

Ha, Im still chuckling about the hedgehog in the bubble bath!
But seriously, congratulations on your eldest reaching forty. Time flies doesn’t it. My biological eldest was born in the hot summer of 1976 so in a few years, he’ll be 50. I can hardly believe it.
You look like you’re having a great party. What is that mask you are wearing? Theo the Mouse?
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Great party pics. Glad you had a lovely time. Just extra glad that I didn't drop in and give everyone COVID! x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, looks like you've had a fun week. You're so right about time, I'm having my 70th birthday next week now how did that happen! Loving the funnies especially the dog that can't sleep which is so clever someone certainly knows dogs. Take care and have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated birthday to Shell. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Adorable photos of Theo and Louie, too.

Loved the hedgehog and the dog who couldn't sleep. I can relate!! Have a great rest of Friday and a lovely weekend, dear Annie.

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds like a happy week despite the cold! The birds made me laugh! :-)
Happy Friday and hugs

mamapez5 said...

Happy Birthday to Shell. It was quite a shock when my eldest hit 50, and now his brother is too!
My eldest sister was married when I was three, and her husband used to make the hanky mice for me and my sister. Happy days!
Some good funnies this week.
I hope your cold is soon all gone. Kate x

Catriona said...

What lovely photos from the 40th birthday party. I remember my gran used to make little bunny rabbits from her handkerchief for me to keep me amused during very lond sermons in church. Catriona

LA Paylor said...

babies grow up to be 4o, one day at a time... so you don't notice. You've encouraged your grands to use imagination, opening a world to them
LeeAnna