Wednesday 24 January 2024

WOYWW....

 Here we are at another What's on your work desk Wednesday.  I love catching up with my blogging friends all around the world and seeing what you have all been up to each week.  I've a lot of bears waiting to be collected this week.



These 4 were made in memory of a much loved Grandmother and they have gone to their new homes in Merseyside.




These two were made in memory of a man who died suddenly in his 40s...far too young.  I made them out of his favourite two shirts and ties and...



....I also made this cushion to give to his Mother.  We shouldn't outlive our children should we?



I've also had some creative time so I finished off my Spring wreath....I'm really thrilled with how it turned out and it's now hanging on my sewing room door and makes me smile every time I look at it.....Spring is on it's way :-) :-)

That's all from me for today.  I will hopefully pop round to all my favourite blogs to see what you've been up to this week.

Hugs,

Annie x

9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Some very special bears and memory cushion Annie. Love the wreath! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

The latest teddies are beautiful! the wreath looks so spring-like (wanted to say springy but that sounds wrong!) and cheerful. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Your bears just get better and better. Looking forward to seeing that wreath in real life soon! X x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That wreath is gorgeous, you’ve really nailed the flowers, I think that daffy and snowdrops are tricky to get right but you’ve definitely succeeded! Great bears too xx
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

loving the new memory bears and the cushion. The wreath is a great idea to brighten things up a bit too. Happy woyww and hugs too Angela x8x

Catriona said...

All beautiful makes Annie but your Spring wreath brings such cheer after the weather we have had recently. Catriona

Lindart said...

Lovely bears, I especially like the pillow. Heartbreaking for a Mom to lose a son. Your wreath is gorgeous! Have a great week, Lindart #14

Neet said...

How warming those first bears look, and I bet they feel it too, should just be perfect for the recipients. Yes, no mum should witness the passing of a child as how old he/she is. I know how hard it was when my bestie passed for her mum. But what lovely bears you have created.
The garland for your door is beautiful, showcasing your talent on the sewing machine. absolutely beautiful Annie. Like my flowers I got from two friends and from my son, they brighten any home up do flowers.
HUGS, NEET 12 XX

Crafting With Jack said...

Remember a 92 year old lady telling me that when her 70 year old son died; a parent shouldn’t outlive their children. Your spring wreath is beautiful. Hugs Angel #11