Wednesday 2 August 2023

WOYWW...

 I've not had a lot of customers this week....I guess many are on their holidays....so I have been using my time well by sewing for the charity I support.


I loved making the rag doll so much that I decided to make another one....I try to make each one different but have enjoyed making each one.

Harry Johnson's mum, Sally, called in to collect the sewing I had ready for her this week and was really pleased with the quilt and the two rag dolls so, as she was having a stall at Vron Gate show last Saturday, she said she would take the quilt and one of the rag dolls there with her and keep the other rag doll for the Minsterley Show.



So I made her another quilt to take with the second rag doll to Minsterley show.  I am really loving dipping into the gifted fabrics and have already sorted out another batch of fabrics to make another quilt....I'm on a roll :-)


Please note my assistant isn't naked behind the quilt :-) :-)





Amongst the gifted fabrics were lots of ready cut squares ready to patchwork so I have been doing some random patchwork with them and plan to make 3 cushions with it....they are all really good quality fabrics so have been lovely to sew with.



Just so you know, I have had some sewing for my customers.  This is a lovely School Memory Bear for a school that I haven't made one for before and it brings my number of schools up to 39 now.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit today and will leave me a little message so I know you've called by and I will do my best to pay you a return visit as soon as I can.

Hugs,

Annie x

16 comments:

Helen said...

Your comment about your naked assistant did make me laugh... I suppose we believe you... The quilts he is modelling are beautiful. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

You are on a roll! The last school bear looks very smart. X x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the dolly. I made a rag doll year ago, must show it you some time. Loving the quilt and the School boy teddy, gorgeous. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x8x

Lynn Holland said...

Morning Annie, it’s so lovely to see another memory bear added to your collection of creations and the dollies are cute. Hope all is well in your household and give Milly a hug from me
Lynn xx

Neet said...

All your makes are lovely, love the dolls especially.
Hugs, neet 1 xx

Catriona said...

Lovely makes, Annie and the dolls are so sweet. Catriona

Sarah Brennan said...

I did laugh out loud at the naked assisstant comment Annie. SUch a great way to raise money! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Yeah, but we only have your word that he's not naked....🤫😝😳
Lovely second quilt and I love the colours of the pieced piece for the cushions. By crikey, you've turned those donated fabrics into some treasures haven't you. It won't hurt for you to have a quieter august I don't think, it's not as if it will pull you away from the machines after all!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Knowing your hubby, I wouldn’t be surprised at anything, lol!! Great patchwork pieces, the colours go together so nicely and I’m sure the dolls will do well for the charity!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Christine said...

great assistant whether he's naked or not!!
Love that the bear is wearing his tie . . . you should always be presentable just in case the Queen (King) comes to visit as my old mother used to say . .
Have a creative week
Christine #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Me again! In answer to your question, I cut up old sheets into 12” squares and sew the strips onto them. I don’t bother with wadding, it makes a substantial feeling quilt in its own right. I’m so sorry to hear that Shell is in hospital, really hope that the tests show something and then she can be helped. Sending big hugs xxx
Jan xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Still laughing about the assistant not being naked 🤣🤣. Lovely quilts. And a very smart bear. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Lynnecrafts said...

I bet he was! That’s a lovely quilt and sweet dolls, as well as your school memory bear.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I meant to stop by earlier today, but life got in the way. I didn't play this week because I am hosting my own link party and didn't want to confuse anyone. See you Friday. Still love those dolls.

Anne said...

Hee hee re your assistant!
The dolls and quilt are gorgeous.
Love the bear, his tie is much like the one I wore at school. Same colours and stripes. A long time ago now! Anne x 17

BJ said...

So loving your school memory bears and wondering if you have a website with more information about requirements and costs. Thanks BJ #3