Friday 18 August 2023

This week's smiles ....week 526

 It's been a lovely week here at Sewing by Annie's.  I've had a few customers but have also had time to sew for pleasure too...just the way I like it.  I have had sooooo much to make me smile too so will share this week with lots of pics....




 On their way back from their holiday in France Mark, Gina and the boys called in at Rocmador ...this is somewhere we had been to many years ago so it was lovely to see the boys enjoying it there.....I really love the first pic of Louie...he looks like he's skipping and it makes me smile.  


                                                                


     On their way home through England they called in at Legoland in Windsor and had a really lovely day.        


 Sam has given me lots to smile about this week.  He rang me to see if I had some pink and blue fur fabric he could 'borrow' ....of course I do and it's what Nanny's stash is for.  He wanted to make some puppets with it and, as you can see he made two amazing puppets which he is now using to make short films :-)

Of course he is now hooked and asked if I had any more colours I could let him have so we dropped off a bag with 4 more colours for him to use.

What makes me smile most is that he is using one of my old sewing  machines to make them on...and it's the one I made my Wedding dress on :-) 





Our garden has given us lots to smile about.

The tomatoes are ripening fast and furious now and are so yummy....there are red large, red small, yellow and 'black' ones.

We harvested the beetroot and had lots to eat fresh plus it made 3 jars of pickled beetroot and then I made many jars of beetroot chutney with the rest...and I love it.  







 The garden is also still blooming and has colour in all areas.      







Of course it wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies and I hope you will find something here to make you smile.  Please leave me a little message before linking to your own smiles at the bottome of the page.

Have a great week.

Hugs,

Annie x






                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like everyone had fun at Legoland. I can't believe everyone was in jackets.

Sam will be a director and a producer before you know it. How awesome that he'll be making films as well as creating the "Stars" of the show.

Your garden is still awash with color and beauty.

Loved the funnies. Had to enlarge the seniors one and laughed at them. Number 13 I've never remembered, even when I was a child. Have a special Friday and weekend, too, dear Annie.

Twiglet said...

You are right - so much to make us smile this week. Lovely, happy post. x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see everyone had a good time away. It's been a lovely warm week here too and just the right kind of temp. so you can enjoy it without cooking. You might guess I don't like it too hot. The funnies are good and especially the list for seniors and I can very much relate to the dogs and squirrels....obviously! The puppets are a great idea too. Have a great weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Oh, I'm still laughing at your funnies! The outhouse got me in stitches! And the seniors is so true (for me anyway).
Now I'm getting my breath back and I can tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your grandchildren enjoy themselves in France. I'm sure they enjoyed Legoland too. One set of our grandchildren used to go there a lot as they live in Windsor and they say it great.
Your garden is beautiful. Well done Same on making those puppets and making his own videos! What a talented fellah.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

You have wonderful Grandkids. Love the sewing-part! If he later has a girlfriend that cannot sew he will come in handy!
Oh, and the garden.
The tree, oh, my, really irony...
Explain twice, LOL....

LA Paylor said...

the wrong link went into #5... could you remove it? #6 should be right...
I admire your garden harvest... wowie! nothing is thriving here this year, after months my tomato situation is, 4 purchased plants, one is sort of alive with two marble sized green tomatoes on it in August... a few desultory basil twigs survived.
look at the baby turned toddler!

the funnies are funny!
LeeAnna

Catriona said...

Gorgeous photos and it’s great to see Sam doing the puppets on your much loved machine. Catriona