Wednesday 23 August 2023

WOYWW.....

 It's been a stash busting week for me.  That box filled to overflowing with scraps has been put to good use.


I've already made the tops of two large quilts...they just need backing, quilting and finishing off now.


This used up all of the long strips of fabrics and left me lots of short strips so I had to decide whether I cut more long strips to use them with or look for something I could use the smaller pieces to make.



So I made 6 patchwork baby bibs....and I'm thrilled with how they have turned out.




I made two large cushions using the gifted fabrics.


Saturday afternoon, while the men were at football, Jo and I retackled the hugs box of donated fabric again.  We have already used a lot but it's barely scratched the surface so we pulled each piece out and if too small to make anything with we put it to one side and I have already pressed it all and cut it into strips.....this lot will make another strip quilt :-)


The slightly larger pieces have been pressed and cut to make hair scrunchies with...and that's what I will be making today around fittings for a wedding dress and bridesmaid dress.

Jo took away several pieces of fabric to make a few hang abouts with and Angela requested two of them [thanks for the funds Angela it's been put in the charity pot].






I'm not the only one that's been sewing this week.   I shared a couple of puppets Sam had made on my Friday's post and he's now made this gorgeous 3 eyed green alien.  He's loving sewing and is using the puppets he's made to make short films on his phone.

He's also doing a costume course with the drama group he's in this week and is making the costumes for one of the up and coming shows that he's taking part in.






I hope you have enjoyed your visit this week and will leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will pop over to yours ASAP.
Hugs,
Annie x


18 comments:

Helen said...

Great that Sam is following in the sewing family footsteps! sounds like you and Jo had a good afternoon sorting fabrics. Happy WOYWW Helen #8

Twiglet said...

What a lovely creative time we've had. I love the thought that Sam is following in his Nanny's footsteps. x x y

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done Sam, you’ve done a brilliant job with that puppet, hope you enjoy the costume event too. And well doen to Nannie Annie for those lovely thing you’ve made from the donated fabric, they all look great! I really love doing strip quilts, so much effect for very little input, lol!!
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Well done, great work with the quilts they look brilliant and loving the puppet that Sam made, clever boy. Wishing you a very happy and productive woyww, Angela x14x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Annie, those quilt tops are amazing. I really like the baby bibs, too. I enlarged every photo to get much closer looks. And Sam's latest monster is so fun, too. You have really busted into that stash and yet you say you have barely touched the surface. Happy WOYWW from # 7.

Tracy said...

πŸ’•❤️πŸ’œπŸ’›Woohooo Sam ⭐️ loving your 3 eyed Alien⭐️ enjoy the costume course, it sounds exciiiiiting ⭐️ Goood morning Annie πŸ’› what a gifted bairn your Sam is πŸ’• and WOW mrs, you've been busy creating theeee most gorgeous things πŸ₯° from your blankets ❤️ toooo the cutest bsby bibs EVER 🌈 toooo those cushions swoooon πŸ₯°πŸ’•πŸ’› tooo the sorting and ironing ready for what's next ⭐️ it's been a joy to stop by. Enjoy the scrunchie making beyween brides to be ⭐️ Wishing you joy in your days with love and hugs Tracy #q5 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Brilliant Sam, if he never does any more than the odd puppet and costume, sewing is such a valuable life skill isn't it. I love the monster! That is a huge quilt Annie, I guess until I see what you're making with it all, it's hard to imagine quite how much fabric has been donated! Love that even during quiet of customer weeks that you're busy in your lovely sewing room...I think I'd be lying in my chair with a book!

Sarah Brennan said...

Making quick visits as hubby is off work. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

Lynnecrafts said...

Great work, Sam, I hope you enjoy the costume- creating! It’s great he’s following in your footsteps Annie.
Your bibs are glorious among all your lovely quilts.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4 xx

Christine said...

Love those bibs . . . . so useful.
Clever Sam, useful member of the drama group by the sounds of it . . . costume makers are more in demand than actors I would think. Keep up lthe good work Sam
Create and enjoy
Christine #19

Neet said...

Wow, well done Sam. Your grandees are certainly all enjoying grans tutoring.
Love the quilts and cushions but the bibs, they steal the show today.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Glenda said...

Well done Sam! Lots of lovely creating going on here...thanks for sharing!
Glenda #17

Lindart said...

That is the cutest green alien I have ever seen! Sam is very talented! As are you, the quilts are gorgeous, and those baby bibs are to die for! You have been VERY busy! Have a great week, Lindart #21

Crafting With Jack said...

Wonderful to have the grandchildren following in your footsteps. The quilts are brilliant and those bibs are so cute. Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

BJ said...

Oh how super that Sam has the sewing interest and doing a costume course. Adore his Alien puppet. The baby bibs are a brilliant use of the small pieces after making the wonderful quilts. Hugs BJ#12

Susan Renshaw said...

What a productive week you have had - and I love Sam's alien!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #11

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Annie! Wow great quilt activity going ans the baby bibs are super cute! Look at Sam getting down and crafty - a chip off th e old block for sure! Sorry I'm so late, my week always seems to fall into chaos Thurs/Friday. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #16

Kelly said...

Good morning, Annie!
I LOVE the quilt tops. I love fabric in general and have quite a stash. What an adorable Alien!
I love that Sam is sewing and being productive. Appears to be a passion he holds. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #21