Friday 28 July 2023

This week's smiles.....week 523

 Here we are at another catch up of the week's smiles......and I think we all need a few smiles.

 We were away last weekend in our caravan on a campsite near Colwyn Bay in North Wales and......it rained and rained and rained again but we still managed a lovely walk on the beach with Milly one morning [she really loves running on a beach with her ball] and we had a weekend filled with lots of fun and laughter.  We went up to Angelsey but it was so foggy we could hardly see our hands in front of our faces and the fog horn was going.  We went up the Great Orme for a ride but it was so damp and windy we didn't get out of the car.  All in all it wasn't the weekend we had planned but we really enjoyed the time away together.....so much so that our next break away is already booked.




The view from our caravan was the bottom right pic and in the top right pic was of two of the little visitors [baby rabbits if you can't see them] right outside the caravan window and Milly would have loved to play with them [in truth she would chase them and give them a good shaking if she caught one of them!!]




Yesterday we had our last Louie fun day until after the school holidays so I made the best of  my Louie snuggles.....he is growing up so quickly and changes every time he comes to us.





When we got back from our time away our sweet peas had started flowering.  I love them but can't have them in the house so knowing that they benefit from regular cutting I give them to that much older sister of mine because she loves them.....and I love her too :-)














Of course it wouldn't be a Friday without a few funnies.  I hope something makes you smile and you will leave me a little message before linking up at the bottom of the post to your own week's smiles.....and I hope you've had lots of them.
Hugs,
Annie x






9 comments:

Twiglet said...

The sweet peas have filled my room with their gorgeous scent. Such a shame you can't enjoy it. Love the funnies and little Louie pic is lovely. x x Jo

Helen said...

Shame your weekend away was not good weather-wise but the pics are lovely! Great photo of you with Louie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you made the most of a miserable weekend. Even if it wasn't the weekend you envisioned, at least the two of you had time together other than in front of that sewing machine. Lovely photos at least.

I used to have sweet peas, but they were mowed down once too many times by my neighbor. Maybe I should say, he used the weed wacker at the fence.

Some of the funnies were hilarious. Loved the buffalo. I'll be back to visit everyone after I get some sleep. I was awake voting today when I am normally sleeping, so I am wiped out right now. Have a happy Friday and weekend, Annie.

Iris Flavia said...

That actually sounds like a great weekend to me - if it was warm enough. I love rain and fog - and the ocean, of course.
Oh, yes, they grow up so fast... I gave up on my "flowers" - it´s still way too cold over here.
That first date, LOL! And the buffaloes... oh, my, happy Friday to you :-)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry Annie to hear about the weather but you should know that when the children break up for the summer this nearly always happens. We used to stand in the school hall when the children were doing their exams and it was cooking hot and as soon as we broke up for the summer the sun went in and it rained. I'm sure this can't have happened every year but it sure feels like it did. Enjoy your cuddles with Louie, that time will soon disappear. Have a lovely weekend too. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

What a shame you hadsuch a wet weekend. That is a beautiful part of Wales too. My brother was stationed at RAF Anglesey when I was little, and we had some lovely holidays there.
Sweet peas are one of my absolute favourite flowers. For as long as I can remember I have collected the Cecily Mary Barker books of flower faries, and the sweet pea illustration is beautiful. I think that is where my love of the flowers started.
I expect Louie will have a great time playing with his brother through the holidays and he will love coming back for 'Nanny cuddles' when Theo is back at school.
Hopefully the weather will be kinder for your next weekend trip. Kate x

Lisca said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you had nothing but rain on your weekend away. Colwyn Bay is beautiful. I have been there too. But it's nice just to be away and be together with no work (No zips!!). Graham and I spent many a weekend in a caravan in the rain. Both being shift workers, our weekends together were few and far between and were planned long in advance. We would go, rain or no rain. I don't want to sound sceptical, but the sun will shine as soon as the children go back to school again...
I love sweet peas and it was my grandmother's favorite flower. I had them in my garden growing up the shed wall. They smell divine.
Lovely photo of you cuddling with Louie. He's growing up fast as you say.
Enjoy the coming weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lisca said...

thanks for the explanation. (I'd never heard of buffalo wings before)

LA Paylor said...

love pic with baby Louie
LeeAnna