Wednesday 28 June 2023

WOYWW.....

 Well, my desk is full to overflowing but it's not with sewing.  I was contacted by a gentleman last week about some material.  His mother had died and she had been a sewer in her life time and become a bit of a hoarder of fabric [who does that remind you of?].  He was interested to have the material used for charity to raise money to benefit others....so who better to bring a bit of fabric to?

Except it was no bit and actually filled many bags and now covers my cutting desk.....and what gorgeous fabric it all is, all sorted into colours [and there may be more coming at some point!!].....I sorted it all out and it has filled a large box ready to be put to good use.








There was also a bin bag full of different waddings.....I can already see me making some fab quilts for charity.











I have had to clear my desks because, as we enjoyed 4 nights down in south Devon at the weekend, I now have work piling up [I've been missed!!!]....my rail is full, I have 9 memory bears to make this week and have another bin bag full of factory trousers to replace the zips in!!!

So, my friends, if you leave me a little message so I know you've called by I will do my best to pop over to see what you've all been up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x


14 comments:

Helen said...

good grief, how many zips do the factory workers go through... glad you got a break before back to the hard work! that is a really fabulous donation of fabric, I am sure you will put it to good use soon. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

That material will certainly be put to good use if I know you Annie. Good luck catching up with the backlog of work. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Twiglet said...

The fabric is absolutely beautiful and will raise lots for charity. Good luck with your work load. Hope it all goes to plan. x x Jo

Anne said...

Goodness the factory trousers zip replacement sounds never ending. Love all the fabric and can't wait to read what you make. Anne x 11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I don't know what they do with their trouser zips! Great collection of fabric today bet you'll have fun with that. Pleased you had a nice time away too. Have a lovely woyww, hopefully a bit cooler. Hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hope Diddy is ready with his seam ripper to help with all those zips again! That’s a great donation of fabrics, there’s a lot to get through, that’ll keep you busy for some time to come, lol!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

so so busy!! Hope you are suitably refreshed after your break. What a fantastic stash to receive. I'm sure you will make some wonderful things. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #12

Christine said...

Your posts always wear me out (?!!)
So pleased you had a good weekend, a change of sink is always good!
Enjoy your week, lots of breaks
Christine #15

Crafting With Jack said...

My goodness! What with your own work you have enough there to keep you going for several years. Hope you have room to store it all, that would be my problem. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Annie. You really are missed when you're gone. It is good to have the work, but my goodness that is a lot to come back to.

How wonderful the man gave you the fabric to make items for charity. That was sweet of him and even more so of you. You give SO much back to the community. Happy WOYWW from #1.

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. I am sure you will put all that fabric and wadding to good use. Don't work too hard. Ali x #16

Neet said...

Wow, that is some haul of fabric. What a lovely guy to think of you and donate it all to you for charity makes. I can see you sharing it with someone.
Glad you had a nice time down south, in glorious weather too.
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Good grief, that's a lot of fabric, just housing it takes up a lot of room...I guess that might be a motivation to use it. Don't know if it would be for me but you are made of very different motivation genes to mine! What a great thing to do though, to find you and donate it. I was looking back at your smiles post too..gosh the garden is just splendid isn't it, must be giving you loads of pleasure.

BJ said...

Wow, what a lovely lot of fabrics and wadding too. Hugs BJ#13