Wednesday 22 February 2023

WOYWW...

 Hello all and welcome to my Wednesday share of my desk and what's been going on here at Sewing by Annie's this week....and it's been a pretty good week for me...hopefully you too.


For those that didn't see the Memory bears I shared on Friday, these are the two very special bears I made for Lisca in memory of Graham, her lovely hubby.  They were made even more special to me when I saw Lisca had shared a photo of Graham wearing the clothes I made it out of over on her blog on Friday...here is a link for those wanting to see.




In between shortening the wedding dress and sewing her 28 buttons down the back and prom dress fittings etc I found time to make 6 zipped and lined makeup bags for The Harry Johnson trust.




I had a funeral on Monday morning and caught up with family members, as is the norm at these events, and several requested my details about my Memory bears while I was there.


My sister in law wanted to buy some bunting so was calling round after the funeral. I filled my cutting table with all the things I've now made for her to see.

Whilst it was all out on my table I had a customer for a dress fitting and seeing all I had made she asked if I had any peg bags...I haven't made any yet but I have sorted out some coat hangers to make her one....and will probably make a few more.



I counted up the money I've made so far and already have over £100 in my pot so I'm thrilled to bits. I've now made..

  • Reversible bags
  • Fabric boxes
  • Aprons
  • Bunting
  • Makeup bags
  • Glasses cases
  • Popper purses
  • Key rings
  • Pin cushions
and there will soon be peg bags to add to the list :-)


My hanging rail has a wedding dress in it's bag, a dress belonging to the Mother of the Bride and a Sage green Prom dress to alter plus I have 2 Memory bear labels to remake [because a little dog got hold of the last two!!]...and of course I have peg bags to make :-)

As you can see, I'm being kept busy and loving it.

If you leave me a little message so I know you've called by I will do my best to pay you a return visit ASAP.  Have a great week.

Hugs,

Annie x

12 comments:

Helen said...

Sadly funerals seem often to be the only time I catch up with many of my family... The bears you made for Lisca are so pretty, and I did pop over to her blog to see. Happy WOYWW have a good day Helen #2

Twiglet said...

Wow, when do you find time to breathe?!! What a fab amount of items and already a wonderful fund collected. x x Jo

Lynn Holland said...

Hi Annie, lovely to hear you’re busy as always. Can you mail me a bag of focus and drive please. I’ll have a fivers worth haha
Lynn xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I did see the bears on friday as you know but it's great to see them again. I think they might be one of my favourites. The fabric combination is perfect. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done on all the makes, a good total for the charity and stopping fabrics going into landfill as well. The little bears for Lisa are great, such cheerful colours to remember her hubby by.
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Adorable little bears, I do love the bright cheerful colours. I don't know where you get your energy and enthusiasm from but I'll some if you have any spare please! It's nice to catch up with family that you don't see much but sad when it's at a funeral. You're doing a fab job with your makes - £100 is amazing.
Have a great week,
Diana xx #14

Lynnecrafts said...

The bears are a lovely memory Annie; well done you for all you’ve raised for your charity. Your clients are so lucky to have an expert dress maker to hand. I hope they appreciate you!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8

Christine said...

never show your stash to customers . . . they'll always want to buy something! lol
Super bears for Lisca, I hadn't caught up with all her news so will go and visit later . . .
have a good week
Christine #15

Crafting With Jack said...

That was a wonderful picture of the lady’s husband with the memory bears underneath. Such a special thing you do x. Happy WOYWW. Angela #18

Lynnecrafts said...

Well observed, Annie!

Catriona said...

Well done on all your makes and great total already for the charity.

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry Annie, I remember writing a message but mustn't have pressed publish last week πŸ˜” my heart was touched by Harpers bear last week , how my heart ached in the reading ... without a doubt you Annie touch so many peoples hearts with your gift,bringing comfort through every stitch ⭐️ as will these two gorgeous wee souls. I think you're amazing ⭐️ in all you do each week 🦸‍♀️Congratulations on raising all that money πŸ’›⭐️πŸ’› for charity! Sending much love and hugs Tracy #21 pssst I'll be back round at a decent hour to keek at this week's work desk 😘