Wednesday 8 February 2023

WOYWW...

 Here we are at another Wednesday's catch up with all our creative friends around the world....my favourite day of the week  :-)

Since last Wednesday I've had a steady flow of customers and almost every one of them has collected their sewing when done but brought another job with them for me to do.  I've finished all those replacement zips in the factory trousers and have spent a couple of hours working on the wedding dress...it's a harder job than I first thought and can now see why the first alterations lady said she couldn't do what was needed. [I never say never and am determined to get it perfect ....I don't think I've ever seen a bride smile so much than when she came for her last fitting so I know all my effort is soooooo worth it].

On Friday we had a little incident in my sewing room when hoovering and clearing away at the end of a busy day.  When my hubby tried to pull out my cutting table unit to hoover up underneath the back of it collapsed and broke under the weight of all the fabric in the boxes [and the effort that was being put into pulling it out!!].  The unit had been made up with two older Expedit Ikea units plus one newer, and slightly smaller Kallax units with a table surface fixed to the top but it had broken and died. :-(

We had a good look at what was left of my cutting table and decided it was beyond repair so I finished work early and we drove to Ikea to buy 3 new Kallax cupboards to redesign it slightly to make my new cupboard rather stronger.  We spent Saturday building my new unit and I'm rather thrilled with the results...


The old cupboards were light oak coloured and the new white cupboard makes my room look so much lighter and it's now a lot easier to pull in and out when needed...I love it.



The other thing I have to show you this week it another pair of Memory bears I've made for one of my regular customers who lost her hubby in October....they are made from his favourite shirt and  jumper.

I hope you will leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will do my best to call by to see what you've been up to this week.

Hugs,

Annie x


13 comments:

Helen said...

Liking the new pull out cupboards, Annie! Sounds like you had a busy week (as usual!) Happy WOYWW Helen #?

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the new Memory bears and pleased you got the cupboards sorted they look very colourful. Maybe it's better to get a mop thing for underneath in future rather than trying to move the cupboards. Sending WOYWW hugs Angela x7x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That was a happy accident then! Doddy doesn’t know his own strength, worth it to get some nice new sewing room furniture, it looks great. I admire you for taking on the dress, it sounds very fiddly, I wouldn’t be that brave!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Tracy said...

Goood morning Annie 💖such a lovely feeling it is to know how much joy you bring to your customers ⭐️ you're care shining through with each stitch. Go yooou and your hubby 🤸‍♀️your new cupboards looks fab can see why you loooove it! Tooo your treasured memory bears here and last week's, such comfort I know they will bring. Wishing you a fabulous week ahead with love and hugs Tracy #9 xxx
P.S
Was lovely to see the girls getting crafty with you last week..pure joy it will have been xxx

Christine said...

Busy, busy, you know you love it!! Sometimes a person only needs to know that someone cares . . . about the wedding dress . . . I'm sure you will succeed and her day and dress will be perfect.
Love that photo of Doddy and Louie both asleep in the chair last post, was beautiful . . hugs to both of them.
Christine #12

Crafting With Jack said...

That was a bit of disaster with the cupboard, glad you have a new and improved one. You are the hardest working lady I know! Have a great week, Angela #10

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, yes, it's me at last! The damage to your cupboard was a disaster but I'm glad it was the unit that was damaged and not himself! I love your new unit, it's perfect. I'm just about ready to order a Kallax unit for my new craftroom. Not quite there yet, but almost. The story of the smiling bride is a lovely one. I'm sure the dress will be stunning for her big day even if it's proving more difficult than anticipated to alter. As usual, your memory bears are gorgeous. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Ellie x #15

My name is Cindy said...

Love the new unit, I've been thinking of making myself something similar to replace my table which currently has loads of boxes underneath - all very awkward to get to. (I've just noticed I think we have the same mat on the floor!!) Glad to hear the customers are keeping you busy and I'm sure you will do a perfect job with the wedding dress. Happy WOYWW, have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #4

Sarah Brennan said...

The new cutting table unit looks great Annie - so fresh and pretty. Glad you are being kept busy with returning customers. Goes to show the quality of your work. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Catriona said...

Well done team on the new cutting table-IKEA is so good for these kind of units. Happy sewing!

Twiglet said...

I love the new units - very smart. x x Jo

Neet said...


Struggling with my neck which is why I am so late visiting, sorry.
The new table looks spiffing! Hope it serves you as well as the old on e did.
hugs, Neet 6 xx

Lindart said...

Lovely new desk! So bright and cheery. You must feel so good when you make those memory bears knowing the joy they will bring to the recipients. Good luck with the wedding dress, I'm sure it will be fab! Lindart #16