Friday 24 February 2023

This week's smiles....week 501

Hello all. It's Friday so, of course, it's time to look back at your week to find as many smiles as you can and to share them with your friends. It's been another busy week for me....and you know I'm happiest when I'm busy.

Last Friday night we went to watch Titanic The Musical at the theatre in Shrewsbury.  It was put on by Wigle and they might be amateurs but it was brillant....there are so many talented singers around Shrewsbury....and it was made even more special for  us because the twins were two of the children taking part.  Lexi was a first class passenger and Sam was third class but thankfully they both managed to get on a life boat when the ship sank.

Well done both...you have two very proud Grandparents :-)


Tuesday was a very special day for me.  We had lunch with my best friend and her hubby...I have known Dawn since we were 4 years old....that makes it over 60 years!!
We started school together then went to the same grammer school and even started our nursing training together....so I'm she knows me well and we both know secrets to never tell ;-)




Our garden is coming into life in every corner now so I walked round and snapped a few pics to share with you.....I love Spring and it really feels like it's just round the corner for us now.










Of course it wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies...and this week there is rather a lot but I decided we can never have too many and what one person finds funny another doesn't so I hope you can all find something to make you chuckle here.

Have a great week all.

Hugs,
Annie x



6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I left a LONG comment and something happened when I tried to publish. VERY frustrating. It was great to see the twins photos were in the playbill. I know you were proud.

Nice to have a good time with a friend. We haven't been above freezing all day and it's even colder now, so I admire that your flowers are doing so nicely.

Great funnies,. I wish some had been a bit larger, though. MUCH SMALLER second comment.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, You're so lucky to have such a good friend, dare I say old friend. I'm not sure what happened to the ones I went to school with apart from the one I married obviously! I bet the musical was brilliant and even better as the twins were in it. Loving the funnies as always especially the doggy ones. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xxx

Iris Flavia said...


Yay to the musical(-participants)!
That sure is an amazing friendship over such a long time. I have no one from back then.

The candles! The lamp, LOL. And the fake rock, oh! I once as kid really fell into the toilet like that!!
Thank you, was funny (all of them) - to a great weekend soon.

mamapez5 said...

Wonderful to see the twins on stage. It was a lovely film so I am sure the stage play was equally good, and there is certainly a lot of hidden talent anongst the amateurs.
The garden is looking lovely. I don't think I have ever seen crocus out here.
You found some great funnies for us. I am sure we all had a smile from them. Kate x

Lisca said...

How wonderful to see the twins in a production and such a good one at that. You must be so proud, especially with their photo in the program.
Sixty years is a long time. What an amazing friendship!
Spring is coming. Great to see your little flowers.
I chuckled at the funnies. I didn't 'get' the one with the pigs in the car though.
Have a lovely weekend,
hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

aweee a friend like that is golden
LeeAnna