Friday 10 February 2023

This week's smiles....week 499

 Happy Friday everyone.  I hope you have all had a good week and have had lots to smile about.  Please share your smiles by linking up at the bottom of the page.

It's been a good week here at Sewing by Annie's.  I've had a steady flow of customers and have been kept busy with my sewing jobs. 

 My biggest achievement of my week was working on a wedding dress....I had taken on major work to alter the shape of the bodice and to remove unwanted pleats and folds. The bride had bought her dress having been told that the alterations could be done, only then to be told that the bridal suppliers alterations lady couldn't do what was wanted!!  She brought it to me to see what I could do and although I could see it was going to be a lot of tricky work it was def possible. Having spent an hour taking the dress apart whilst she was wearing the dress and repinning it how she wanted it to look I then had to work out how I was going to do it.  I have now spent 4 hours on it, and when the bride called in to collect the surplus fabric to be used to cover her buttons, she tried her dress on.....I'm honestly not sure who was the happiest.  The dress fitted to perfection....now I just need to shorten it when she has bought her wedding shoes and then to sew on the covered buttons as a feature down the back of the dress.  I've never taken on such difficult alterations before [and probably wont again] but I am sooooo thrilled with my achievement.





I'm not the only one pleased with my achievements this week.  Theo goes to a gymn club each week and this week he was given a certificate for his work on the floor and the rings....well done Theo.  I'm so proud of him.




Our little Milly never fails to make me smile.  Her coat is very long at the mo but as the better/warmer weather comes she will be getting her hair cut.  She had just had her bath and had had a good brush so is looking at her best so was happy to pose for a photo.










Now for the funnies.  I know they make you smile.

I hope you all have a lovely week with plenty to smile about.
Hugs,
Annie x




8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to Theo. He is SO grown up already. Nice that he received the award.I can tell he's proud of it, too. Milly looks adorable and all fluffy. She was definitely ready for her close up.

You did a really good job on the bridal gown. It's a shame the seller couldn't live up to expectations, but apparently the bride to be is quite happy she has you.

Cute funnies, but there were a couple I didn't get in the last batch. Must be me!

Twiglet said...

Aw well done Theo and what a patient clever Nanny he has. No wonder you are smiling. x x Jo

Catriona said...

Glad you have been able to help a bride have her dream dress-It’s so satisfying when a really difficult task ends with a happy result. Gorgeous photo of Theo and well done to him on his award! Happy weekend!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, it's lovely to see little Milly again she's so sweet. Looks like everyone has something to smile about today and Theo looks really pleased. I cannot unerstand why the bridal shop were unable to alter the dress but at least you were able to step in and save the day. Great collection of funnies too. The flying dog just looks like our Alfie, he jumped off the stairs before reaching the bottom because I was stood there but I managed to catch him. He thinks he's Superman at the moment. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Well done Annie. That was a big project to take on. I am so glad the bride is happy with her dress.
Well done to Theo. Having spent many years at the side of a gym while my boys were practising, I can fully understand what an achievement this is.
Milly looks lovely. Kim could do with a better grooming session than I can give him, but it is far too cold here right now, to be cutting his fur.
It is always a good feeling to accept a challenge and pull it off, but maybe a bit quieter week is in order now.Either way I hope it is a good one. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Wow on your wedding-dress job!!!
And on the gym-award.
Fun funnies, let´s play dumb ;-)

Lisca said...

Well done Theo! And well done you for doing that extremely difficult alteration! Don't let it be known that you can do these things, oir you'll be inundated with difficult jobs. And you don't want that when you want to cut back on the work.
Your funnies made me smile, thank you.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m late to Workdesk so am commenting here instead. Check out the new cutting table, what a great idea with the kallax units! I’m smiling at the weight of the fabric required to make the old unit collapse though! Brilliant you with the wedding dress, how happy the Bride must go have been to find you!