Wednesday 11 January 2023

WOYWW....

 Hello all.  I've had a busy week but, until yesterday,  I had virtually no customers so I have been using my time to make bunting.

I now have a table full of jobs waiting for me...

  • 2 pair of school trousers needing shortening
  • a Burbery cost needing the pocket flaps stitching back down
  • a referees badge to sew on his black shirt
  • A panel to stitch in the front of a dress and the sleeves need shortening and
  • snap poppers to sew onto the front of another dress to raise it at the front
As you can see I will be head down clearing my jobs this morning but I will then be making a start on other makes for the charity I'm sewing for.  I have made patterns in brown paper ready to make a reversable bag, little poppered purses, glasses cases and a couple of ideas I've got for key rings....can you tell I'm having fun being creative?

On my desk at the mo is this little lot...



I think I've made about 24 lengths of bunting...they are each about 2 metres long with 10 flags on each and I've used different combinations of the fabrics for them [there are 2 different fabrics on each]....then I ran out of tape to make them with so have ordered more.
I'm selling each length for £10 to raise funds for The Harry Johnson Trust.


I've photographed several of the combinations and have got permission to put them on my Facebook page....which I will do soon.

As you can see I've been using my time well...thankfully I'm feeling rather better now.

I will pop over to see what you've been up to in between my sewing jobs.  I hope you've all had a good week.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Helen said...

wow, that is a lot of bunting! I am sure it will fly for the charity. am rushing as I should be heading to work soon, but catching some desks early!! Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Twiglet said...

The bunting looks fab. Perfect for the Spring and Summer events! Hope all those tasks go like clockwork. x x Jo

Lynn Holland said...

The bunting looks amazing Annie. I'll pop over to your Facebook page in hope of buying one.
You remind me so much of our friend Val with your list of jobs to do. She to can turn her hand to anything and amazes me as well.
Lynn xx 11

Catriona said...

Busy, busy woman. Hope the bunting sells well and raises lots of money for the charity. I can’t comment on Jo’s blog again so well done to her for your beautiful seashell blind. X Happy sewing.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good job ! Your Buntings are beautiful. They are not something you see around here. Nor are Jo's twiddlers and I love both. Enjoy a good week Happy WOYWW #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think it’s great that people want things mending or altering, maybe people are trying to put less into landfill these days? The bunting looks great, hope the sales go well!
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Well done on all that bunting! It sounds as though you have plenty of other creative ideas for your fund raising too! And plenty of sewing jobs! All keeping you busy! Happy WOYWW! Susan #6

Christine said...

Stunning bunting! Will you be available to personalise them, add letters for names? Just wondering.
Have a good creative week after the paid work
Christine #17

BJ said...

WOW lots of sewing jobs popping up like busses all at once. Love the bunting. Hugs BJ#2

Caro said...

The bunting is gorgeous and I love all the creative ideas you have had and look forward to seeing them, Happy WOYWW. Take care of yourself, with love & God Bless, Caro x (#12)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I think your machine must be jet propelled Lol! Well done gorgeous bunting. Thanks for the visit to mine and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x13x

Sarah Brennan said...

That bunting looks great Annie - hope you raise loads of money for the charity. Good luck with the rest of the jobs too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Neet said...

Oh my! I hope you have a database with all your makes on. The memory bears I know you keep count of but you need to add yardage of the bunting too.
Busy hands.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

My name is Cindy said...

Well you might have known it woldn't be long before you had a pile of jobs!! Loving the bunting, you are really steaming through that. Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy xx #11

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely bunting Annie. Busy as usual. I enjoyed the funnies on the Friday either side🤣 Just putting away the Christmas craft today, so I can start this years x Angela #18