Wednesday 4 January 2023

WOYWW...



 Happy New Year to you all....I can now say that 2023 is starting rather better than 2022 ended thankfully.  I think that we have both had flu....it has really taken the wind out of our sails but slowly but surely we are both coming out the other side....I have even been in my sewing room!!!




Before Christmas I was given this bag full of cotton fabrics.....I'm always willing to take excess fabrics off people's hands and can always find a use for it.


Since Christmas I have been given a huge box filled with mostly Laura Ashley curtain fabrics .....metres of each one!!

It was Sally, the mum of little Harry Johnson, the little boy who died of cancer at just 7 years old, that gave it to me.  I have told her that I will use it to fill a craft table for her to raise funds for other children with cancer....there is rather a lot of gorgeous fabrics to use.



Sally suggested that bunting sells well so I have already made a start cutting out and sewing bunting flags and have also been searching Pinterest for other iteas of what to make with it all.

The craft table is at a local show in the summer so I have plenty of time to make it all.....its so lovely to be able to dip into a box filled with gorgeous fabrics.




I am starting back to work today and already have several customers wanting to come so filling in a craft table will fill the time I have left.  I will visit as many as I can in between my sewing jobs.

Hugs,

Annie x


16 comments:

Twiglet said...

The fabric looks fab Annie. I will pop round to see it in real life. X x Jo

Lynn Holland said...

Happy new year Annie. I hope 2023 is kind to you and that you are back on form soon.
What a wonderful idea you’ve come up with for using the fabric. You really are the kindest of folk.
Can I buy one of the buntings off you please when you are ready.
Love from us both. Give Milly a hug from me.
Lynn xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like someome's been having a clear out but I'm sure you will make good use of all that lovely fabric.Bunting sounds like a good idea to me. Have a lovely New Year woyww and don't work too hard. Hugs Angela x10x

Marit said...

Happy New Year to you dear! And wow, that's some gorgeous fabrics on your table, I'm sure you will create lovely things and I hope they sell well! The little flags look already lovely! Hug from Holland, Marit #11

Susan Renshaw said...

How lovely to play with all those lovely fabrics - and for such a good cause... Happy New Year and WOYWW! Susan #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think we’ve had the flu as well, despite having the jab in November, there’s definitely Flu A going round our area. It’s taken the wind out of our sails for sure but we are getting there now. That’s a good pile of fabric and for a great cause too. Are you backing the bunting triangles? I use old white sheets, it gives them a better appearance and you can charge more!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Caro said...

What a lovely idea to use all that gorgeous fabric for. I hope you come up with lots of different things that will sell well. Glad you are recovering a bit now. Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Love & God Bless, Caro xx (#15)

Helen said...

Happy new year! Glad you're on the mend . What a lovely gift of fabric and a wonderful way to use it happy woyww Helen #2

My name is Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My name is Cindy said...

Hello Annie, glad you sound a bit better, what a rough end of the year you had!! Super collection of materials there, how wonderful of you to make all that for Charity. You are a star! Happy New Year, have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #11

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wishing you good health, it's not fun going thru health issues. Enjoy that great sewing room. Wishing you and yours the Best for 2023

Catriona said...

Glad you are recovering from the lurgy and ready to start working those magic fingers again. My machine needs to stay in the cupboard until I have finished the very challenging jigsaw! Happy 2023 to you both.x

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Annie. What a lovely way of fund raising - that fabric is gorgeous. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Glad to read that you might be on the mend now, my goodness it’s taken it’s time. Nevertheless, happy New Year to you both, am sure you’ll both be making the most of it all, as fine examples to the rest of us to pack everything in and enjoy everything. Beautiful fabrics from Harry’s Mum, wow am sure you’ll do some fab stuff for sale. I love the blue and white roses. Great selection, means you can work on a different fabric as the mood strikes!

Crafting With Jack said...

The fabric looks very pretty. A lovely idea to make items for a craft table. Happy WOYWW. Angela #19

BJ said...

Oh what super fabrics, the bunting will be superb. I finally got round to making a fabric tree and remembering to include it on my blog post, thanks for the inspiration, it's adorable. Hugs BJ#14