Friday 6 January 2023

This week's smiles....week 494

 Hi all here we are at our weekly catch up of the things we've got to smile about from the week ...and trust me I have had lots to smile about but I don't have photos to share today.

I'm pleased  to say we are both feeling a lot better, although not quite 100% yet, and its certainly something that is making us smile.

Having been given lots of gorgeous fabrics to dip into I have really enjoyed finding things I can make to fill a table at a local craft fair and have even cut out and made a couple of 100 bunting flags as a start....It will all be sold to raise funds for The Harry Johnson Trust.  It's a local charity in memory of little Harry who died of cancer at just 7 years old and the money raised helps other families in similar situations.....it feels really good to be able to use my skills to benefit others.








The only thing I've got left to do is to share the funnies I've found this week....and there's been  many :-)


I hope your New Year has started off well and you've had lots so smile about...please share them with us all by linking below.
Hugs,
Annie x


8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

7 years. Very sad. Lost both parents to this, too. We fly to Mars but cannot get "this" under control....
Glad you helped.
Twelve inches, LOL. To smiles! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Annie. You came up with some hilarious funnies. SO glad you are feeling better. Just in time to return to work! Please don't overdo yourself, though. Have a super weekend and new week.

Lisca said...

I’m glad you are feeling better.
That was a serious haul of fabric ( I saw on your Wednesday blog)! It’s so good of you to make stuff for the charity sale. It is a worthy cause. As Iris commented, it’s surprising they haven’t found a cure/prevention yet for cancer although they’ve figured out how to go to Mars.
The funnies made me smile.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Great funnies. Good to see you looking and feeling better. I agree with Iris and Lisca - if we can travel through space we should be able to cure the diseases that are wiping out so many loved ones. x x Jo

mamapez5 said...

Annie you do find some excellent funnies. They always start my day with a smile.
I am glad you are feeling much better. What a great way to start your New Year's sewing. So sad to hear of another child who lost teir battle with cancer. It is a very good charity to use your talents for.
Don't over do it though. You need to get fully fit again first. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I have to go somewhere today so will pop back later to check on everyone but have to say you have soon got going with the fabris, well done. I shall enjoy reading the funniea too if somebody stops trying to eat the house Lo1! I'm sure you know who I mean Hee! Hee! Hugs, Angela xXx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie good job I popped back. I've just read my earlier message, I can spell normally Hee! Hee! Loving the funnies and hope you've had a good day. Hugs, Angela xxx

LA Paylor said...

see, I knew fabric was therapeutic!!!