Wednesday 21 December 2022

WOYWW....

 


To those that haven't recieved Christmas cards from me that normally do I'd like to say Happy Christmas to you all....the post seems to have lost a few....annoying but there's little I can do about it.

I have a few things to share with you...




I've made another School Memory bear...and the best bit is this was the secondary school I went to....the uniform was bottle green back then [including bottle green fleecy knickers!!]. 7 years in those gives you a clue why I dont like green :-)




I've also made two Memory Dogs in memory of a much loved 8 year old black labrador [hence the black ribbons around their necks].  The ears and tails are made out of parts of the dog's favourite toys....quite unique but just how my customer wanted them and we are hoping they bring comfort to the lady's autistic son.


My best friend who I have known for over 60 years [we started school together], has just had her first tiny Grandson....tiny because he was born at 32 weeks weighing just 2lb 4 ozs. I rooted out the prem baby knitting patterns I used when the twins were born and knitted a tiny cardigan.






I then made him a patchwork quilt....I love how it turned out and hope they will too....the little man is doing well so far and hopefully he will continue to do so.


I had a very special crafty time with the twins on Saturday.  We made these lovely Christmas trees....they were very proud of their finished results.

I have more cut out ready for Phoebe, Lulu and Stephen to make later in the week...I love having creative time with my  grandchildren....and it pays off because Phoebe and Lulu made their Christmas cards this year.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit this week and you all have a wonderful Christmas.  I will do my best to visit all who call in here when I get a minute.
Hugs,
Annie x

15 comments:

Helen said...

I got my card, thank you! Hope you have a happy family filled fun time - looks like the twins are enjoying themselves. Happy Christmas! Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Beautiful makes Annie. The twins little trees are lovely. See you before the weekend. x x Jo

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great photos Annie, Love the yo yo trees. I've 2 small ones mother gave me as toppers on my gift years back, another "little treasure" of hers. Very few cards here this year either, postal issues for sure. WISHING YOU and Yours a Wonderful Christmas season.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely makes for the little prem baby, so cute and will be warmly received I’m sure. The twins ought to be proud of their trees, they’re brilliant! The trees were fun to make - two tips, line them up in order size first and use a length of thread (i used three strands of floss) with a needle on each end, it made it a lot easier to thread through the holes without everything rolling around and driving you bonkers!
Merry grist as to you and yours!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Anne said...

Just popping by to say Happy Christmas 🎄 to you and your family. Anne x think I am no. 14

Diana Taylor said...

I love the little Christmas trees, what a lovely idea and you are creating such precious memories with your grandchildren. The quilt is gorgeous, I love those colours and I'm sure it will be loved and treasured.
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas,
Hugs, Diana xx #11

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely baby items and Christmas trees made by your clever grandchildren. Wishing you a very happy Christmas x Angela #15

BJ said...

Oh my, just seem LLJ's button Christmas trees, now your fabric ones (assuming circles ruched up?) I'm so having to have a go at yours too. Adore the quilt will be very special. Sending Christmas Warmth and Hugs BJK#9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. Loving the Christmas trees, looks like another busy week at yours. I'm sure cards will arrive whenever. Pleased you like my hare too. I love needle felting though I don't do much of it at the moment. I hope your Christmas is full of smiles. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x8x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, many thanks for the card you sent - it's lovely. Your post is, as usual, full of happy news. Those knickers sound exactly like the ones included in my WRAC uniform - needless to say they were never worn. The memory dogs are a triumph! I hope the baby boy continues to do well, just like the twins did all those years ago. Have a wonderful Christmas. Love to you all. x Ellie #16

Neet said...

Gosh, those are the twins! How grown up are they. Lovely to see them and their trees.
You have been mega busy and I don't know how you fit it all in.
Hugs & Merry Christmas, Neet 2 xx

craftyani said...

Thank you for your visit and a Merry Christmas to you and your family. You are so lucky to have so many grandchildren and especially interested in so many things. I love the memory doggies and that quilt I am sure will be appreciated. Ani x

Lynnecrafts said...

Bottle green gym knickers! We used to wear those and I haven’t thought of the hateful things in years!
Lovely makes for the preemie baby; your bears and dogs are lovely as ever.
Happy Xmas
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4

Lindart said...

Pheobe and Lulu have made fabulous trees! So nice to be able to show them all of your talents. I'm hoping to do that with my granddaughter someday too! Merry Christmas! Lindart #17

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh how sweet the preemie jumper is, I’m glad to read that the little boy is doing so well. That quilt is a dream cover, how lovely. I hope he continues well and ends up a little bruiser! The memory doggies are so cute with their fluffy ears, what a great design. Hope you enjoy every second of having the ‘closed’ sign up, a much deserved break if you ask me! Love to you both and thanks for the beautiful card. Xxxx