Wednesday 2 March 2022

WOYWW...

 Firstly I want to say that I'm certain we will all be sending lots of love to Julia and hopefully our love will help her through the difficult time she is going through.....I'm sure she knows that we are all there for her if she needs us.  I don't know if there will be a Mr Linky this week but that we will do our best to keep the wheels turning for her.

Normal service has returned for me this week and the steady flow of demands on my services has bounced back.




I made this Memory bear from a much loved mum's favourite jumper for one of her daughters.  When it was seen by her other daughter she wanted one for herself too so...




....I made this one using what was left of the mustard coloured jumper and part of a favourite cardigan.....I have a feeling there will be more orders coming for the grandchildren too.


I thought you'd like to see the quilt and cushion I made now in place in the nursery with the gorgeous matching wall art.

I stayed the night on Monday with Gina and Theo while Mark was working away [yes that of course included playing Wordle at 6am on Tuesday morning!.....but he had been awake since 5.30am lol].  It's so lovely to be able to help and to be included in the planning for the new arrival.




This morning I am steaming posh frocks...having already shortened two of the burgandy bridesmaid's dresses.



I will also be...

  •  Finishing off this little Memory Dog
  • Shortening two nurses dresses and
  • starting to make a further 6 Memory bears!!!
So as I say normal service has returned to Sewing by Annie's.....and I'm loving it.
Hugs,
Annie x

16 comments:

Helen said...

You sound like you have a very busy week - the latest bears are so pretty and the memory dog looks pretty too. The quilt is gorgeous in situ. Take care and stay safe. Helen #2

Twiglet said...

Good to know you have lots of work coming in. The room looks lovely and your quilt is the icing on the cake. I might pop round with card for D and drop twiddlers at hospital on my way back. I won't hold up the good work! xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The quilt looks great in the room for the new baby, let’s hope he stays out for a few weeks more! Great bears which bring a lot of comfort to people, nice to hear you’re not sitting being bored or anything, lol!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Neet said...

Hope we see the memory Dog next week.
How lovely that room is for the new baby, and how snug s/he will be in that beautiful quilt.
If I was a sewer like you I am sure I would enjoy altering posh frocks and seeing them being worn.
Hugs, Neet xx4

Julia Dunnit said...

Delighted to hear that normal service is underway… it’s our routines that keep us safe if you ask me! So glad to hear that Gina continues growing that baby; I wonder how long it will be before you can look back on the last couple of weeks and brush it off!! The bedroom looks gorgeous, the wall art is super, I love that you’ve been able to match it with the perfect quilt. Thank you for your loving support. Xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

The memory bears are beautiful Annie. You’ve done a lot of altering this week, too. It’s a good job you enjoy it!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15
Take care and

Diana Taylor said...

What a gorgeous room for the new baby - beautiful quilt and cushion, and I love the matching wall art too. The latest Memory Bears are so sweet and I especially love the idea of a Memory Dog.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #16

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you're back to normal with lots to occupy you. Loving the dog and look forward to seeing him finished. Wishing you a very happy woyww, hugs Angela x11x

Tracy said...

You`re memory bears will be so loved and treasured, held close Annie ... beautiful and heartfelt in every way. Looks like you`re super busy ... look at those dresses along with your ... gorgeous quilt and cushion now in place ... truly magical they look all together!Sending love and hugs your way Tracy #21 xxxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Sounds like normal service has certainly been resumed Annie. The cot looks great - hope little one can wait a bit longer before arriving with all the lovliness. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Busy as ever, Annie! I love how the quilt and the cushion match the wall deco! Hope all goes well with the new arrival. Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #14

Crafting With Jack said...

You seem to thrive on being busy and your memory bears must bring a lot of comfort. Happy WOYWW Angela #13

Sharon Madson said...

Wow! You are one busy lady. I love your Memory bears, so cute. And memory dogs, too? Makes me smile. Oh, and thank you for showing us the quilt and cushion in it's home. So perfect with the matching wall decor. Thanks for the peek. Happy WOYWW. #25

Lynn Holland said...

The nursery looks beautiful, all ready for the new arrival.
I’m chuckling about you doing Wordle at daft o’clock. I’m hooked on it as well.
Have a lovely productive week as ever my friend.
Lynn xxx 10

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, you're busy again, that's good. I love the mustard bear - such a good colour. The baby's bedroom looks absolutely lovely. I love the quilt and the wall decoration matches perfectly too. Somebody is going to be very happy with the wee dog, once you've plumped him up, of course. You've reminded me I haven't worked on today's Wordle yet. Have a fabulous week. Hugs, Ellie x #24

Spyder said...

AW Lovely post, love the bears, they are brilliant and the flat 'dog' colours look fabulous too..(he may have been run over by one of those red uses...in a cartoon sort of way!) and of course that wall art and matching bedding is brilliant. Someone special will love that! Hoping you're having a very Happy late WOYWW!? Stay safe, ((Lyn)) 19#