Friday 4 March 2022

This week's smiles....week 462

 It's been a week full of good intentions but ended up a week of plate spinning...and not always managing to keep them spinning.  I wrote and posted a blog on Wednesday with the intentions of commenting on all my friends and, as yet, not managed to visit one sadly.  I'm pleased to report grandchild number 7 is still insitu as long as Gina rests as much as she can...and that's not easy when you have a 5 yr old....

...especially this one.  When walking to school on Wednesday morning he was so busy chatting that he walked into a picket fence and had to go back home to be monitored for the day....needless to say that meant Gina and Theo ended up spending most of the day with us so Gina could rest....I will add Theo was absolutly fine.  Hense I didn't get my sewing done and my plate spinning started. 3 o'clock we had to fetch the twins from school, tea them and take Lexi to her drama/dance group...but that's another story....Oh the life of the Grandparent eh?


I truly wouldn't have it any other way and sewing can always wait when the family needs us so I have been playing catch up all week.  Yesterday was my darling hubby's birthday so that also included visits from family members and I will be playing catch up again today with all the sewing jobs.....but it's so lovely to celebrate these special days especially when it included a lovely meal out last night.




This week was World book day so one day Theo wen't to school in his pyjamas  and he made a book in a box to take in with him and here is Stephen all dressed up for his special day.


The only other thing I have to share with you today is this collage of a few funnies I've found.


I hope your week has been a little less hectic but that you have had plenty to make you smile.  Please share them by linking u below if you can.
Hugs,
Annie x



8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, happy belated birthday to your husband. I hope it was a great day for him. Poor Theo. It's good he is well, because that nose looks rather bruised. Stephen looks good all dressed up for World Book Day. I wish we did that in the states. Great funnies. Have a super weekend and week ahead.

Twiglet said...

Great world book day outfit! Poor Theo - I hope his bump is feeling better now. Keep those plates spinning -xxx Jo

mamapez5 said...

I hope hubby enjoyed his birthday.
You have had a busy week. I have seen a lot of great costumes for World Book day on theinternet, but I do think the home made ones are the best. It was so sad to read that Shirley Hughes died this week, though she wa well into her nineties. I just loved rading her book to my own children, and to the oldest group at my nursery.
Gina doesn't have to wait too long now so I do hope everything goes well for her.
I hope you have a good week, and manage to catch up with some of that sewing. Kate x

Lisca said...

I'm glad Theo is okay. That could have been nasty, bless him.
Happy belated birthday to Doddy. I saw it on Facebook. It's good you celebrated in style.
Spinning plates to help the family? You wouldn't have it any other way! It's the reason you moved over there to be near your children. So there you are, that's what grandparents are for.
I hope things continue to go well for Gina.
I think World Book Day is a great invention and a good incentive for children to read too. Our UK grandchildren are involved too. What is Stephen dressed up as? Some super hero no doubt.
Have a lovely weekend and don't work too hard.
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Back soon. Shopping for curtains xxx

LA Paylor said...

whew! well, who hasn't walked into something... thankfully he'll recover and you were there to help! Love the dog cartoons

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm back but it's been hard going as they are doing lots of road works round here which is a nightmare if you need to go anywhere. We don't know from one day to the next which way they will let us out of our street. Pleased Theo is okay though they are pretty tough usually. Theo looks good in his suit too and loving the funnies. Take care and don't work too hard. Hugs, Angela xXx

Catriona said...

Poor Theo-think that’s the first picture I’ve seen where he looks unhappy. It’s so good you live near enough to help your family when they need it. Happy weekend!💕