Wednesday 16 March 2022

WOYWW....

 Here we are at our Wednesday catch up with our friends around the world....we all 'show and tell' our desks and what we've been up to in the week.  Feel free to join in if you want....its a lot of fun each week.  Check out Julia's blog at Stamping Ground for more details.

Here's a few quick snaps of my week.....



Last weekend I was given bags full of yumminess from my sister-in-law, who no longer sews, and is emptying their old house to sell.  There was lots of fabric, buttons, lace, ribbons, trimmings, elastic, velcro etc and my desk is full of lots of it.....I am sorting it into bags to share it with the family.....It's all far too good to keep it all to myself.


On Sunday I received a bag full of special clothing with the request that I made 4 Memory bears so I started to make them Monday and finished them yesterday.


On Monday I received this quilt cover that belonged to a special young man who died far too young and I've been asked to make 2 Memory bears and a Memory cushion cover with it for family members.....this is what I will be busy with today and...


....this is the first of many bridesmaids dresses that I have to shorten for a wedding that is coming up in April...I fitted this one on Monday and I have appointments for at least 2 others all ready booked in [I'm just not sure how many there will be in total yet].

The first job I need to do this morning is to shorten a pair of trousers for a lady who is picking them up later so I'd better get a wiggle on eh?

I hope you've all had a good week.  If you leave me a little message so I know you've called in I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've all been up to ASAP.

Hugs,

Annie x

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Sounds like you are as busy as ever Annie. The memory bears and cushion from the quilt will be fabulous I am sure. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

As Sarah says, you have plenty to keep you busy this week! great pile of goodies to share with the family on the first photo! take care and happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lynn Holland said...

You are the best Annie in making folks happy.
Looks like another busy week for you lovely friend.
I’ve propped my card up in my studio so I can see it while I fiff and faff
Lynn xx 10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So, no oiled up bodybuilders to deal with this week then? Shame….. that dress is very elegant and a bit different to normal bridesmaids get ups. That’s is one big pile of ribbons and lace etc, hope you can get it all sorted!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Twiglet said...

You will definitely ned to be wearing your knickers on the outside then Wonder Woman! Those little bears are really gorgeous. Great job there Annie. xx Jo

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Loving those bags of yumminess!!! Enjoy. Four more little bears made, and more to come. You are certainly kept busy with them. Oh my - bridesmaid dresses, too. Is there no end to your talents?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #11

Crafting With Jack said...

Another busy week for you. Your memory bears are such a lovely idea. Happy WOYWW and have a great week, Angela #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Seeing that parcel of goodies you received reminds me I still need to sort out my old sewing stuff and find it a new home but as yet it will have to wait. Gorgeous memory bears again, love them. Looks like you will be busy today so I'll leave you now. Have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x15x

Neet said...

Hope you are wiggling as much as you can Annie. Love the latest batch of bears, not sure about the Superman ones, too heartbreaking a story behind that fabric.
Thankful for the bridesmaid dress to cheer one up a bit.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx
ps my ipad won't let me load that App up. No idea why but it won't.

Tracy said...

Hellooo Annie, your desk is a treasure trove of goodness ⭐ The work you do creating those memory bears that will bring such comfort to the ones left behind ... so beautiful. Loving that bridesmaid dress, that colour is lush. I hope you got the trousers checked off your to do list. Sending love and hugs your way Tracy #17 xxxx

Catriona said...

Truly yummy selection of goodies to shard. Saw your bears on Instagram-beautifully made as always. X

Susan Renshaw said...

That first picture shows so many lovely things to share!
You seem as busy as ever with all the bears made and to make - and the bridesmaids dresses to alter!
It is Thursday morning here in Melbourne and I have just discovered my link isn't on Stamping Ground so here I am at #22!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Annie, beautiful blue memory bears. You gave a lot to do this week. That bridesmaid’s dress looks to be the sort of fabric they groan about on Sewing Bee, but it looks very elegant.
Take care; have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14