Friday 18 March 2022

This week's smiles....week 464

 Happy Friday to you all.  I always write this on the Thursday and this week the sun is shining and the birds are singing...that's a good start eh?  It's days like this that remind me while I love Spring.

I've been kept busy with sewing this week so that's another reason to smile.  I am happiest when I'm busy.  I have a few pics that have made me smile too...



It was Gina's baby shower party at the weekend and it was so lovely to see her surrounded by family and friends.  There were a few fun things scattered on the table and Gina took them home for Theo to play with and, as you can see, he thought they were funny.



Gina gave me these this week.  She has been making them while resting and they are an early Mother's day gift...they really made my heart sing.  It's so lovely thinking that it was only a few weeks back that she had never picked up a crochet hook before and she has made such a lovely job of each one of these different crocheted flowers...I love them.





The other things I have to share with you this week are a couple of collages of funnies that have made me chuckle...I hope none offend.
Please share your smiles below.

Hugs,
Annie x


9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Theo looks so cute with leftovers from the shower. And those flowers Gina crocheted are both impressive and amazing. All so different, too. Very smile worthy. I especially liked the Obedience School graduation. That was funny.

I saw the lace you got from your SIL. I swooned. That is SO expensive here in our shops and it is sold by the foot, not the yard. Looks like you got a haul (and are saving a FORTUNE) in the lace alone, Annie. Hope your weekend is great.

Lynn Holland said...

Clever Gina, the flowers are amazing. Crotcheting has passed me by, my brain isn’t wired for it so I congratulate her on picking it up so quickly. It’s getting ever closer now to the new grandchild arriving. How exciting for you all Annie.
Your cartoons made me chuckle. Just what we all need. Have a lovely weekend
Lynn xxx

Lisca said...

great photo of Theo. Looking at the colour, I assume Gina is having a boy?
Isn't she clever crocheting all those flowers! I am able to crochet but I doubt whether I would be able to make something beautiful like that!
The funnies really made me chuckle this morning. I like the one with the spinach...
Have a lovely weekend,
Enjoy the spring (We've gone back to winter)
Hugs,
Lisca

Julia Dunnit said...

I late for Wednesday so am better commenting here! Ginas flowers are just lovely, every time you see them, whatever the season, they’ll make you smile, that’s so nice. Gorgeous bridesmaid dress, although taking up that floaty hem is not much idea of fun at all. The duvet cover and it’s story is very sad….but the repurposing into bears is genius and I know how cathartic that is! Great picture of Theo with the props, I do love that Gina has made it as far as a shower, all heading in the right direction! Xxx

Twiglet said...

Wow - crochet flowers are fab - well done G. Theo's little face really made me chuckle - what a little treasure. xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

This baby shower idea is fairly new in UK, but it sounds as though everyone had a good time, and Theo is certainly enjoying the aftermath,
Gina must have very nimble fingers. Those flowers are a right fiddle to make and she has done a fantastic job with them.
I smiled at your funnies, especially the two white rabbits because one or other of my sons always did that when we tried to take group photos.
Glad you have enough work to keep you happy. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, back from dog walking. It's very sunny here too but we have painting to do today so not much chance of going in the garden though I may nip down to the cabin later as I have some old stuff to sort before it gets forgotten again. Well done to Gina with the crochet flowers they are beautiful. I used to crochet and actually did some of the very fine stuff round a table cloth and I can tell you once was quite enough though it was beautiful when completed. Loving the funnies too and pleased you've been keeping busy. Have a lovely weekend, hugs Angela xXx

LA Paylor said...

what a pretty bouquet that lasts forever! funny cartoons too, thank you for the laugh!

mamapez5 said...

Just added my link. Don't know why it didn't link this morning. Sorry about that. Kate x