Wednesday 31 March 2021

WOYWW...

Happy Wednesday to one and all.  It's been another busy week here at Sewing by Annie's....or should I call it The Ark?  Everything has come here in pairs this week.  

I've had two riding jackets
  • ...one to replace it's 28" open-ended zip in [a tricky job because it wasn't put in to ever come back out and every single stitch had to be undone one at a time!....putting the new one back in was no easier!] 
  • .....the second riding jacket was bought as a seconds because the one inside pocket was missing so I had to make a pocket and sew it in by hand because there was no way to get it under the machine to do it...so this was another tricky job to get right.
Then I had a steady flow of Memory bear requests...




This pair were the ones I said I had waiting on my desk to be made last Wednesday.  They are made from a fleecy pair of pyjamas and the result was two really gorgeous bears.




These were the next pair.  It never fails to amaze me just how different each bear is depending on the items of clothing I have to make them out of.
This lady asked for just the one but when she saw the result she loved it so much that she asked me to make another one :-)




The next pair were made from a Grandma's pyjamas to hold special memories for her two Granddaughters.  Two very different bears but both are very cuddly because the fabrics are fluffy and the message on the personalised label was what their Grandma used to say to them.


This now brings my Memory Bear count up to 443.







So, as you can see, everything came in in pairs....all that was missing was the floods.  It was actually a really lovely sunny week.  I hope you've all had a happy and healthy week and have lots of creating things to share with me when I pop round to see you later.
Hugs,
Annie x

19 comments:

Twiglet said...

Pairs of loveliness! The cosy bears at the bottom are so cute - they will be perfect for the job. xx Jo

Catriona said...

All the bears are so huggable, Annie, and will be enjoyed by the people who receive them. I was breaking out in a cold sweat at the thought of that zip! 💕

Lisa-Jane said...

I bet those pyjama bears are so lovely to hug with their fluffy fabric. 442 bears?? Do you have pictures of all of them on a wall or door or something like that? That's a lot of cherished memories that you've given people. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Gosh those riding jackets sound like hard work but I know that you’ll have found satisfaction in getting them right. Lovely bears, you’re right about how different they can be from the same fabric! I have thanked you many times this week as the artery forceps have come to my rescue a couple of times and made a tricky job much easier!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

The riding jackets sound so fiddly, Annie. Your bears are really cute. How lovely to have such tangible memories of a loved one. I wonder if you have a favourite out of the 443?
Take care, stay safe and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4

Neet said...

That's a lot of bears! Just imagine all of them meeting up in the woods and us all singing "If you go down to the woods today". What a colourful spectacle that would make.
Take care, Hugs, Neet 12 xx

BJ said...

Gorgeous bearness. Love the pinky/purple ones especially. Such beautiful memories all round. BJ#13

Helen said...

The bears are gorgeous, what a lot you've made now! The riding jackets sound like hard work . Have a good week Helen #10

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I love the idea of calling your sewing studio 'The Ark'! You should totally do that - figuratively speaking, you are saving memories here! The lettering of the personalised messages looks great - I expect that's a program on your sewing machine - how cool is that? Have a lovely Easter coming up! xx zsuzsa #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous new bears loving them to bits and bet someone is going to love them even more. Have a lovely crafty week and hopefully some sunshine too. Hugs, Angela x21x

Anne said...

Beautiful bears Annie. Hope you have a lovely Easter. Anne x 29

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous collection of memory bears indeed this week Annie. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

Crafting With Jack said...

Gorgeous new bears, Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter x Angela #5

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your so right Annie each one holds it's own character, amazing amount of love you have given each one, my what a wonderful amount. The first two look extra soft and cuddly. Happy Easter & WoywW Hugs Tracey #7 x

Olde Dame Holly said...

I have to comment not only on the lovely fabrics the bears are made from, but the expressions you give them when you embroider their dear faces. They look very sweet-natured, very open and good. I just love them.

De serendipity said...

Those bears are super cute and I love hearing the little stories about the bear. Have a wonderful Easter, stay safe and keep creating.
Sandra de @33

Julia Dunnit said...

Sssh, don’t say floods out loud! a the riding jackets sound like a hideous job, just the sort of thing that would have me procrastinating like a pro! Not that I’d actually be involved in doing that sort of thing anyway, but you know what I mean. I hope! 443 memory bears, good grief. I must point out that a great part of their loveliness is the embroidered faces, you’ve a knack for the right size and distance of eyes, makes such a difference.

Shoshi said...

Well, Annie, I think you had a "flood" of orders! "The mem'ry bears came in two by two, hurrah! hurrah!" How gorgeous they are, particularly those made from soft fleecy material - I love the plaid ones in particular. I looked up the collective noun for bears and there are several - the most common being either a sleuth or a sloth - but the one I liked best was "a hug of teddy bears."

I don't envy you those repair jobs. Not being able to get at something with the machine is a pain, and I hate putting zips in at the best of times. Rather you than me! Knowing how beautiful your bears (and other animals) are, I know you will have done a beautiful job with those jackets.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #20

Susan Renshaw said...

Those bears are fabulous!
Sorry I am late visiting...
Happy WOYWW and happy Easter!
Susan #18