Wednesday 17 March 2021

WOYWW....

 Here we are another week closer to that light at the end of the tunnel....I hope.  It's been another busy, bear filled week for me here at Sewing by Annie's so that's what I have to show you today.




It never fails to surprise me how different each of my bears are depending on what they are made from.

This one was made from a gentleman's favourite cord trousers and shirt.




I was then brought a bag full of football shirts, shorts and jacket that were grown out of. I was to make a Memory bear first as requested and then make a cover for the 18" cushion my customer bought to go in her son's bedroom.



The bear went together like a dream but it was a work of art finding enough fabric to make the cushion cover out of....and in the middle of making it my one sewing machine started playing up so I sent it to the naughty corner and used one of my other machines to finish it. My customer was thrilled to bits with it and after a weekend in the naughty corner my machine was really sorry and is playing nicely again this week.




This is the latest bear I've made.  Very different again and I have to say one of my favourites.  It's made from a Mum's blouse who sadly died of Covid pneumonia in hospital so I'm hoping it will bring her daughter comfort and be a focus for her grief as she was unable to be with her in hospital.

It's in my favourite colours and went together like a dream.


This one brings my Memory bear numbers now up to 435  :-)


Finally I thought I'd make you chuckle.  You will all be aware I make a lot of Memory bears of course.  To make these bears I use a lot of stuffing and here is my latest delivery....10kg!!

It fills two huge boxes and inside each it's compressed into five 1kg bags so if I let it all out at once it would probably fill my sewing room.  :-)





On that note I will leave you chuckling....if it all escapes please come looking for me :-)

Hugs,

Annie x

19 comments:

Helen said...

oh you did make me chuckle with those boxes of stuffing! I can only imagine.... It is amazing how different each bear looks in his/her clothes! Have a good week Helen #3

Lynn Holland said...

You had me chuckling with your stuffing story Annie.
I think you’ve done an amazing job on the football bear and cushion. They will be over the moon.
Nice to see you busy once again
Love Lynn xxx 13

Caro said...

Beautiful bears as ever and I had to laugh at the idea of a sewing machine being sent to the naughty corner and of the stuffing going everywhere! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous bears this week and I really love the footie cushion. I will dive in and rescue your from the stuffing ocean - I practised my dive in the garden yesterday!!!! xx Jo

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Will come and rescue you... once I am allowed over the border!! Great boxes - love the package labels. Well done managing the cushion cover from the leftovers! 435!!! eek... that's some achievement.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Lisa-Jane said...

Naughty corners and being eaten by stuffing - oh you've made me laugh! Isn't that purple and teal bear just so pretty?! As you say, very different, and as sad as the situation is, I think it's my favourite bear so far. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s a lot of stuffing but I suspect you get through it very quickly! Your bears are lovely but it’s the floral one which is particularly lovely and poignant too.
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

435! My goodness, Annie! You COULD literally do them with your eyes closed! That is a lot stuffing! I wonder how many bears you can out of those two packs! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The teddies are lovely and I know what the stuffing is like but it's nothing in comparison to feathers which we used when making some sofa cushions. The advise from the company was to only open the bag in the bath wearing as few clothes as possible and I can tell you they were right! I'm pleased the sewing machine is behaving again too. Thanks for asking about mum she seems to be okay, we met her knew carer yesterday and mum said she liked her so that's a good sign. Have a happy woyww, Angela x18x

Catriona said...

I had such a smile when I thought of you opening the box of stuffing! The footie bear and cushion are lovely-I wonder if some family members may be looking for a cushion too? Happy sewing.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Boy us crafty people need ROOM amazing what all is used to do projects. Your bears are lovely. Beautiful colors. Thanks for stopping by. love your spring flowers in the previous post. Excites my heart for SPRING to be here.
Enjoy a good week

Sarah Brennan said...

Thoughts of Quatermass and the pit or the Blob seeing those boxes of stuffing Annie lol. Love the football shirt beaar and cushion. I must see if my eldest son still has his small tops from when he was younger. Stay safe. Sarah #6

Crafting With Jack said...

Are your stuffing boxes like an inflatable boat? Once you pull the cord it expands till it takes over the room He He! Beautiful bears as usua. Have a great week Angela #17

Elizabeth said...

I'm still chuckling, Annie, and the mind boggles - where are going to store all that stuffing!!! It's always tragic to lose a loved one but for the daughter to be unable to be with her mum is doubly tragic. I hope the beautiful memory bear brings her much comfort. Have a good week. Hugs, Ellie x #22

Anne said...

As always love seeing the bears. The 'stuffing' made me giggle. Take care. Anne x

Olde Dame Holly said...

Your Memory Bears are sheer genius, and such a wonderful keepsake to offer.

Neet said...

Good grief, better keep a little furry four legged member of the family out of the room when opening one of the bags of stuffing or you would lose her.
Great Memory Bears as always but the cushion - what a fabulous idea and what a fabulous job you made of it.
Hugs, Neet 15 xx

Karen said...

Could you imagine?! I can picture a room full of fluff and trying to find you inside! Wonderful bears and cushion cover too. I'm glad your machine kicked back into gear ~ Blessings on your week!

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous memory bears again, Annie - they certainly keep you busy! I hadn't actually thought about how much stuffing you must have to buy to fill them all, and was amused to see the big boxes. I am sure when you opened them, all the stuffing came bursting out because it must be pretty highly compressed - the boxes look bulging!

As I commented on your later post, I am so glad you were asked to make the memory bears for Shaz's family. It's very touching.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #20