Wednesday 13 December 2023

WOYWW.....

 Well, what do you know?  It's been another busy bear week for me and it's not stopped yet.  I had two more arrive yesterday afternoon so I will be busy making those today....I've shared so many sad stories/reasons for the making of the bears lately....I know it's what I've been put here to do so I feel very blessed to be able to help, if only in a little way.




These were the two I had cut out ready to make last week....now gone to their new home to keep two brothers connected as the youngest one is going for adoption.




These 5 were made in memory of a much loved Grandad out of his favourite shirts....and two of these are going to live in New Zealand...another country of the world I've reached with Annie's love.




These two were made from a young mummy's nursing uniform who died far too soon leaving a 7year old and a 10 year old behind....I've used one of her pockets to make a little pocket to go on the front of each bear so the children can put special things or notes in.






The two bears I will be making today are in memory of a 12 year old boy who died of cancer for his two younger brothers to keep and give them comfort.....life can be so cruel at times eh?

I have managed to make and post all my Christmas cards now and have even cleared my desks of all the Christmas fabrics ready for something else crafty....I'm just not sure what yet :-)  Watch this space.

It's a Louie fun day today and and we will be taxiing Lexi to and from her Pantomine this afternoon [A Grandparent's duties are never finished :-) ].

Hugs,

Annie x

10 comments:

Helen said...

So many sad stories but I'm sure all your bears will be loved. Thanks for your card that came yesterday. Happy louie day ! Helen #4

Twiglet said...

So many beautiful bears that will bring love and comfort to their recipients. x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The burse’s unoform bear made me well up, I know all the stories are sad but that one in particular made me think about that little family for who Christmas will be very different. Hope you have a fun day with all the grandkids, give them an extra big squeeze today xx
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Catriona said...

Busy woman and more lovely bears to bring comfort. Catriona

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I'm sure the grandparent duties are the perfect antidotes to some of the very sad stories that come with bears. And of course, not all circs can be known, but a younger brother being adopted away makes my heart 😔. Beautiful pic of Louie admiring your lovely tree, a wonderful reminder of the magic. Hope you're having a lovely fun day today!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

There are some sad stories here today but I'm sure that receiving such lovely bears as these will help with the sadness. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

Sarah Brennan said...

Your bears/cats provide such comfort Annie - you provide such a great service. Enjoy the grandparenting! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Crafting With Jack said...

I found the idea of the little boy being adopted and his brother left behind so sad. As Julia wisely said, we do know all the circumstances, but still sad. I pray your bears bring these children the comfort they need. Happy WOYWW. Angela #3

Neet said...

I know you love being a grandparent and you are blessed with yours. It has been a pleasure watching them growing up and so I am sure you will have had a lovely Louie day and enjoyed taking Lexi to and fro.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

I agree about that comment about grandparents duties!
Such sad stories behind your beautiful bears...
Happy WOYWW! Susan #5