Wednesday 20 December 2023

WOYWW...

 Here we are at the last WOYWW before Christmas.  My desk is clear of the Christmas clutter now and my work has wound down thankfully. ....I think 49 bears since the begining of November is enough don't you?


These are my final two bears until after Christmas.  They were given to two little boys yesterday to help them get through the day of their big brother's funeral.  They were made from his cuddly blankets so will be lovely to cuddle up to and each of them have a little pocket on the front that their mummy had put a photo of their big brother in.

It's very special when families share with me such stories.



Having shared the story of young Riley who died of cancer at just 12 years old I felt the need to make another batch of the little frogs that are given out to the children newly diagnosed with cancer in the area to introduce them to the Harry Johnson Charity and all the help they offer.....I'm sure we would all like to think they wouldn't need lots of these making.




That's all from me now until after the big day.  I hope you all have a good one shared with loved ones and I will 'see' you afterwards.

Love to all,

Annie xxx





15 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh Annie - such lovely bears for a sad occasion. Glad you are getting some down time now. Stay safe and Merry WOYWW Christmas. Sarah #1

Helen said...

Beautiful bears, Annie, such a sad story. Glad you are winding down for Christmas, wish the same could be said for my office! we'll get there... Hope you and the family have a very Happy Christmas and here's to next year and more desks! Helen #2

Twiglet said...

What a wonderful job you have made of all those little bears. x x Jo

Neet said...

Some lovely makes here, as usual, but such sad stories.
Feels wrong to say Happy Christmas but there, I said it.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s so sad, that poor family - hope those lovely littl bears can give comfort to those two small children. The froggies are a fab idea having heard the story behind the HJ Trust. Hope you have a lovely Christmas with the family xx
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Anne said...

Annie the bears are beautiful, such a sad story.
I treasure my bears, made to remember mum and dad.
Hope you have a very happy and peaceful Christmas. Anne x 15

Diana Taylor said...

Oh goodness what a sad story but your little bears are beautiful and I'm sure will bring comfort to the two younger brothers. The frogs are also such a wonderful idea, you do an amazing job.
Hope you have a lovely, relaxing Christmas
Diana xx #12

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such sad times near the holiday This year here it seems so many. Each day is a treasure. Enjoy your down time and Merry Christmas to You and Yours. May your days be Merry and Bright.

Christine said...

Enjoy your down time, you sure need it after all the emotional work you do. You bring such comfort.
Have a happy and peaceful Christmas
Christine #16

Lynnecrafts said...

49 bears is plenty, Annie! Such sad stories though of kids going through hard times, I’m sure your makes are a comfort.
Have a great Christmas and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm a bit late getting round today as we've been to pick up hubbies new car. Loving the frogs too. Wishing you a very happy woyww Christmas. Hugs Angela x11x

BJ said...

Oh my goodness that is a lot of bears the past 2 months! Love the pocket with a photo idea. I have my two sitting on my son's new bed for when he comes home on Friday (day after his 25th which is tomorrow). Hope you have got your last order sorted. Hugs and have a super Christmastime. BJ#17

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a lot of bears and such a lot of love in them, well done. Have a great Christmas and happy WOYWW. Angela #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Ouf, hard to read about such loss isn't it, am totally unsurprised that you were moved to make a few frogs, if nothing else, just to channel your love and thoughts again. Have seen your message as I've moved up and down the list so I know that your wind down has been temporarily stalled! Lots of love to you for a happy and restful (!!) Christmas. Xx

Lindart said...

The bears are so special, I can't imagine going through that as a parent. Hopefully they will have good memories as well as sad of their brave big brother. Merry Christmas!🎄❄️🎅 Lindart #20