Wednesday 26 April 2023

WOYWW...

 Here we are at another weekly catch up of desks around the world with all they have to offer.  I love how much we share and how different each and every desk is...it's my favourite day of the week for sure.

Since last Wednesday we have been away on our first adventure of 2023 in our caravan.  We had a long weekend on a lovely campsite near Abergele in North Wales....and that included a visit to Abakhan at Mostyn  :-)  It was a mixed few days weatherwise but we managed some lovely walks with Milly. 


I picked up a few new balls of wool at Abakhan and crocheted a few little hearts while away and also had several customers contact me needing sewing doing on my return to work...it's lovely to be in demand :-)


One of the customers sent me a photo of a very special bear who had had an accident and burnt his face on a log burner whilst hanging up to dry after a wash. Their little boy insists on having this bear to sleep with so, even though I am normally closed on a Tuesday, I said she could drop him off with me so I could repair him while I had no other customers.

We decided that a 'plaster' would be the best way to tackle the repair as it would be impossible to make it invisible and the result pleased both me and my customer.....and of course her little boy.



We have little Louie this morning and all day tomorrow so I sensibly cleared my sewing pile yesterday but I have many jobs coming in today that will be fittied in as and when I can.....Nanny duties always come first but Grandad will happily take charge while my customers drop off with me.

I hope you have a great week....I will call by to say hello ASAP.

Hugs,

Annie x

16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

A clever way to repair the bear. Annie. Hope you have enjoyed your time away as it sounds like you will be busy one way or the other. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

What a great repair job! Hope you have fun with Louie today and tomorrow. Happy WOYWW I told Jo I'd love to swap atcs with you two if you can add me to your list! Helen #2

Twiglet said...

I'm glad little bears "ouch" plaster was successful - another satisfied customer.😀

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m envious that you had a trip to Abakan, I’ve never before seeing fabric sold by weight before! The little hearts are lovely and I’m glad you had such a nice break in the caravan, hope it’s the first of many! Pembrey Country Park has a very nice site!!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Christine said...

Enjoy your time with Louie, such treasure memory making.
Love that teddy! a plaster! makes me smile . .
Enjoy your week
Christine #15

Lynn Holland said...

Hello Annie, what a saviour you are repairing a special bear. I bet the little boys mummy was overjoyed.
We’ve yet to get to our caravan, we’ve been a bit busy. But we are on course for spending the Coronation weekend there.
Enjoy babysitting duties and give Milly a hug from me
Lynn xx

Diana Taylor said...

What a clever and fun way to repair the much loved teddy bear - I bet the little boy was thrilled.
Hope you have a lovely time with little Louie. I would love to swap ATCs with you both if I'm not too late - Jo said you are keeping the list!
Diana xx #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Your repair is a great idea, very clever. I would think the boy was delighted with it - as well as his mother! I would love to swap with you both. I have the address x Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The plaster kind of suits him, poor bear. Pleaed you had a nice time away. The weather is still unpredictable but it's nice to get away if you can. Loving the hearts too and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x8x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I'm just a tad envious of your trip to Wales and Abakhan - I imagine it is like stepping into a fabric wonderland! Love what you did to the teddy - another Annie miracle 🤩 Have a lovely week. Hugs, Ellie x #24

Neet said...

Nothing better than a weekend away with your sweetheart - unless of course it is that you take some crochet to do as well.
Hugs Neet 5 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you had a weekend away, Annie, especially with an Abakan visit as well! I used to go to the one in Hanley but there isn’t one down here. (‘Just as well’ I hear my husband muttering 🤣). Your hearts are lovely, and the bear is super well mended!
Enjoy your time with your grandson
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 17
Ps I’ve mentioned to Jo that I’d like to be added to your ATC swap list please.

Robyn said...

those heart are, well, lovely! and heart warming! looking forward to the swap! Brilliant to think of the plaster for the bear repair!
Robyn 25

Iris Flavia said...

I need to remember to pop in more often! I love the hearts, sadly I cannot crochet. I have a Lion that waits to be created, but I just don´t know howw.

Oh. Our Miele Bear flinched seeing the burned - and luckily saved - survivor! Hugs from us both! x

BJ said...

Wow, love what you did with the bear and the plaster, made me smile too.
Hugs BJ#11

Spyder said...

Sorry I'm soooo late, but |i might not make tomorrows WOYWW at this rate. I'm hpuse sitting three dogs...help!!? John woud be really cross with me for taking this on, but, well, why not!? It doesn't leave much time for anything else! Poor teddy! Sp glad you could fix him! Have a great week, Happy late woyww ((Lyn)) #22