Friday 21 April 2023

This week's smiles....week 509

 We've had a lovely week this week and there's been many smiles.

On Friday night we went to Theatre Severn to see....




Shrek Junior...It was brilliant and there were so many very talented young people in it....we are so luck to have such a well used theatre in Shrewsbury.

Of course we had personal reasons for going too...






Lexi was performing in it [proud Nanny moments]. These are the 4 parts she played...she sang and danced and her confidence has really grown now....It's wonderful to watch.







It was our 41st Wedding Anniversary on 17th which would have been my Dad's 103rd birthday....such happy memories of our special day.

Our grandchildren asked why Grandad looked like Elton John :-)

I made my dress and it always makes me smile. It had a full length train and I felt like a queen in it.

The wedding cake makes us laugh because, if you noticed the wall heater behind us, the icing under the pillars started to give way and they had to be supported with cardboard before it toppled over.

My bouquet was made up with freesias and when it arrived from the florist several of the freesias were dead and had to be removed and other flowers moved into the spaces left.

So many happy, happy [and often funny] memories.





Of course I just have to share our garden flowers  ....the tulips are simply stunning in the sunshine so hope you love my new header pic as much as I do.




I've just the one funny today...funny? yes but it has a serious message. We are trying to teach the children that it's not necessarily who they think on the internet.

I may struggle to leave messages this week but will do my best...more about that next week ;-)

Hugs,

Annie x


8 comments:

Helen said...

Well done Lexi! Happy Friday Annie!

Lisca said...

Happy anniversary! You look very happy. ( Yes, in the photo your hubby does look a bit like Elton John.)
We’ll done Lexi. It sounds like a fun production.
Your flowers are gorgeous.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Great costumes and.... happy belated Anniversary!!! And to your Dad, too.
That your grandchildren know Elton John is... wow. I have no idea what my Nieces listen to, sadly.
Your memories made me... smile, of course!
Ha, yes, post on your "funny" to come later... same theme... Now just some other funnies! (Blogger River challenged me, but I´m just in a small brekkie-break now).
Hugs and to many more happy marriage-days!

Twiglet said...

Lovely happy post. Enjoy your weekend.. x x Jo

mamapez5 said...

Well done Lexi. She really looks the parts! am sure it was a very special occasion watching her perform.
Your flowers are gorgeous and I just love the colour of those tulips.
I see we share the same anniversary week, and I am just three years ahead of you. Well done on making that lovely dress. So many happy memories.
My husband played football with Elton John before he was famous and he played the piano in his local bar.
Hope you have a lovely week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Of course you made your dress, we wouldn't expect anything else. I made mine too, being only five foot it was the best way to find one the right size Lol! Pleased you had a goos week and whatever you are doing for the rest of it I'm sure it will be fun.....well I hope so. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

LA Paylor said...

I love to see wedding pictures and hear stories! Best to both of you

I did my wedding on a shoestring budget. I cobbled together a dress from sale bits but it was pretty. The wedding photographer ended up absconding with all our money and not giving us the photos, we had to do it at a community center but it was our day still, and we are at 29 years this year.
Love, LeeAnna

Kelly said...

Good morning!
Great photos. Glad you noticed the heater not playing well with the icing before the toppling occurred though would have been one more funny to remember.
Great job, Lexi! Such a talented young lady.
Belated Anniversary wishes!
Creative Blessings! Kelly #17