Wednesday 17 August 2022

WOYWW...

 Here we are at our weekly catch up with our creative friends from all round the world....have I mentioned that it's my favourite day of the week?

I'm not sure my feet have touched the ground since we were here last week and last week ended on a high...


I was asked to make a Memory elephant in memory of a life long school friend.  The clothes that came for me to make it from lended themselves to a really special elephant.  The lady it was in memory of loved her costume jewellery and the centre of one of her neclaces fit across the front to perfection.....I think this has to be up there with my favourites.



I've even managed to find a little time to make the 9 squares for my next Fidgety quilt....just got to find time to make them up into a quilt now :-)









Phoebe and Lulu have spent some time sewing this week.

Lulu made herself a Minion pincushion.


Phoebe made herself a new hair scrunchie.


I get such a thrill knowing they choose to spend time using their sewing machine and creating.


That's all from me for today.  I will do my best to pop over to all I can.  I hope you're all well and finding time to be happy creating something special.

Hugs,

Annie x

8 comments:

Helen said...

Love the Memory Elephant! your latest fidgety quilt is going to be fab too. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

BJ said...

What a super special memory elephant, defo a fav. The fidgety quilt is going to be super too. Love what Phoebe and Lulu created as well, you have definitely passed on your love of sewing. Happy WOYWW BJ#6

Crafting With Jack said...

Another busy week, the elephant is lovely as in the new fidget quilt. I scrolled down and enjoyed the funnies - the Noah and lion one was really laugh out loud! Daphne is cute. Happy. Angela #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done girls, everyone’s creations are fab! Lovely to see the sewing in your family xx
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Twiglet said...

Fab projects all round. No blog from me - have only just spent all morning sorting out the mess from my washer leak! xx Jo

Neet said...

Oh I love Lulu's Minion pincushion, how fab is that!
Love the very regal looking elephant too, and the fidgety quilt square promise great things to come.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

The minions pincushion is great and the hair scrunchie is pretty. How lovely to be able to spend time sewing with them! I do like your elephant's jewelled bib.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s a lovely thing isn’t it, that your grandchildren will forever credit you with teaching them to sew, such a great life skill anyway, but knowing that they continue to take pleasure from it is just the bees isn’t it. Well done on the Elephant, and isn’t it extraordinarily difficult to anticipate how much work will turn up, blimey, a months worth in a week. Phew!