Wednesday 24 August 2022

WOYWW...

 Hello all.  Today I'm sharing a photo of what is on my desk at the mo...


I was chatting with a customer I had last week and she told me she was the mother of a beautiful little boy who died sadly of cancer.  Since his death she had set up a charity in his memory and I offered to make an eye spy quilt for her to raise money with.  It's been a long time since I made one of my eye spy quilts but I know how much they are loved and just how much quality time can spent playing with one and am really enjoying going through my fabrics [and some of Jo's...thanks Jo] to find squares each with something to search for and talk about.....they are such a wonderful learning resource if used well.

I have found exactly enough wadding and just have to find some backing fabric so I can finish making it.

Today I have a bride coming and another lady needing a dress altering before the weekend so I will be a busy bee and I will be MIA for a couple of weeks after as we will be catching up with some very special friends ....I will tell you more on our return.

Hugs,

Annie x

13 comments:

Helen said...

the eye spy quilt is gorgeous, and I am sure will raise a lot for a great cause. I hope you have fun catching up with your special friends and we get to hear about it when you are back. Take care. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such a beautiful gesture with your Eye Spy Quilt. It is gorgeous. So many are going thru such sad times. Have fun with your friends and enjoy your time. Stay safe

Anne said...

Hello Annie. The quilt is lovely. Have a lovely time as you catch up with friends. Anne x 13

Neet said...

Love your eye spy quilt. What a lovely thoughtful thing to make, I know it will be quite an eye catcher for the charity.
Hope the couple of weeks you are missing are enjoyable and the weather is kind for you to enjoy who you are with.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Twiglet said...

Another little quilty triumph! Well done you. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s a thoughtful thing to do, I’m sure the quilt will be received with lots of gratitude. Hope you have a great time away, enjoy the break!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

What a beautiful eye spy quilt. May have to put one on my 'to do' list - but it could be long enough already...
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #14
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Sarah Brennan said...

That eye spy quilt is fabulous Annie and such a lovely gesture. Hope you get through all the work quickly so you have more play time. Trying to visit as many desks as possible before we head up to Scarborough for three nights. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Your I-spy quilt is beautiful and so was the thought to make one. I must admit I had not heard of one before, but a lovely idea. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm here just been a bit distracted today. Sorry because I'm sure I've used that excuse before Lol! Looks like you've been busy again! The quilt is going to be a great fund raiser I'm sure. Have fun with your friends too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x11x

BJ said...

What an absolutely adorable quilt and such a great cause too. Have a super time with your friends. Happy WOYWW BJ#10

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m sorry to be so late. Hope your plans for a fortnight away are well underway by now! So generous of your big hear toto make the quilt, and you’re absolutely right, they are really super articles on so many levels. Have a great trip!

Kyla said...

lovely eye spy quilt and such a lovely thing to do too. Also love your christening update :-)
Enjoy your MIA weeks and thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla