Wednesday 10 August 2022

WOYWW...

 Hello all.  I started off last Wednesday with the best of intentions to visit you all but it all went downhill from there lol.  I knew it was going to be a busy week but I had no idea just how busy it was going to be.  I started off with....






...a room filled with factory trousers.  There was 32 pairs needing new zips and one pair needing a patch and darn.
For those wondering why I get so many pairs on a regular basis...they are for workers in a food factory and they have to go through an industrial wash with bleach to clean them so I guess that's why they don't last so long.




My assistant helped with taking the zips out....he's a gem and we make a great team.

All the trousers now have their new zips....thankfully!









If that was all I had to do I would have managed my blog vistiting but since last Wednesday I have...
1.   Made this Memory bear




...He's made in Memory of a much loved Grandad using his pyjamas and pillow case and caused many tears for his family members.

















2. Sewed 5 buttons on for one of my customers who's sight is failing them.
3. Made these 2 Memery bears with their personalised labels.



Made in Memory of a Mum/Grandma using her fluffy dressing gown and they are such cosy little bears.














4.Shortened 4 pair of gents trousers.
5. Shortened 2 nurses dresses.
6. Put snap fasteners on a blouse.
7 Made this Memory bear...





This one is for the customer I made three others for a few weeks back.  The others were loved so much that another family member wanted one.....just the sort of order I love.















As you can see it's been a crazily busy week and to be honest I think I've done more work in the last 4 days than I've had over the last 4 weeks....that will teach me for taking a long weekend off wont it?

I have a feeling this week will be no quieter because I already have...
  • 2 lady's tops to shorten
  • 2 dresses to shorten
  • 3 pair of trousers to shorten
  • a dress to take in and
  • another dress to repair.
On top of that I am expecting another Memory bear and some gents trousers to shorten.

I will do my best to visit all the blogs I can in my free time....hehehe as if I get any.
Hugs,
Annie x




12 comments:

Helen said...

wow, so busy - which is good, but probably busier than you'd like! Good luck with this week's jobs. If you don't get to visit, don't worry! Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Catriona said...

Good to know you are busy with sewing and your helper is doing a sterling job in the photo! It’s so hot that my brain is frazzled and I can’t settle to anything. Keep cool. Catriona x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's good to be busy but this is crazy. Good job you have your helper with the zips as that can take up important sewing time. Loving the bears too. Take care and have a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

Sarah Brennan said...

Busy lady Annie - I must admit the thought of replacing 32 zips is as tempting as having 10 fillings and a tooth pulled! Hope you get through this weeks jobs as well! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Twiglet said...

Goodness Annie - that's one hell of a shift! Gorgeous bears. xx Jo

My name is Cindy said...

Oh my!32 zips in a week? That would represent more than a lifetime’ sewing for me! Well, I guess you are pretty good at it! Great to have a helper isn’t’t it ? Mine is great at getting the labels off wine bottles (and drinking the contents!) Happy WOYWW, love n hugs, Cindy xx#5

Crafting With Jack said...

I do love the cuddly bears, although they are, of course, all wonderful. I hope you are taking rests with all the work xx Happy WOYWW. Angela #6

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you’re amazing, all the sort of jobs that I put off and put off…..new zips in all those trousers, ugh! Well done Doddy too, love to see your team work! Don’t forget to take it a bit easy in between working flat out, it’s not meant to run you ragged! Xx

BJ said...

Oh my goodness I'm exhausted even reading all of your busyness. So many trousers and so many short people. Super memory bears love the fluffy ones, and I especially love your helper - LOL BJ#1

Anne said...

Hello Annie. I see you are as busy as always. Beautiful bears. Mine are still treasured and sit side by side, bringing lovely memories of mum and dad. Take care Anne x 14 - I think.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful bears Annie and you’ve been incredibly busy and love your helping hands too, it’s great to see 😁❤️ Enjoyed your smiles post too.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! You really are busy, I hope you get some time ff soon, hugs, Chrisx #17