Friday 26 August 2022

This week's smiles....week 487

 Here we are at the week's round up of smiles and we have certainly had lots to smile about this week.


It was Louie's Christening on Sunday and a wonderdul time was had by all. As we approached the church Theo ran up to me, gave me a huge hug and said....'Nanny I love you, you look beautiful'. I'm not one to wear a dress often so I'm sure that was what he meant but it really made my day.

All our 7 Grandchildren were there so of course it was a chance not to miss...they are all growing up into special young people that we are very proud of.


Gina and her friend made the Christening cake [which tasted every bit as yummy as it looked] and a team of family and friends all helped with the catering and setting up of the hall for the party afterwards......It was so lovely to see so many young families and children all together.....a very special day was had by all.


I popped out in the garden in the sunshine yesterday and snapped some of the flowers that are blooming at the mo and doesn't it make a pretty collage?



Of course we couldn't have a Friday smiles without a few funnies.

I hope you find something to make you smile this week and will share your smiles by linking them up at the bottom.

Hugs,

Annie x

9 comments:

Helen said...

fabulous photos from the Christening, and Theo is right,you look beautiful!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This looks like one of those very memorable days. How wonderful to have everyone together. The photograph of the children is perfect and the cake does look the part too. Theo is growing up to be a very thoughtful young man. Happy weekend, Angela xxx

Twiglet said...

What a lovely day for you all - gorgeous photos. xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

The Christening looks wonderful. What a special family get/together. And it looks as though you all pulled together to make the preparations so special too.Louie is growing up and changing so fast!
Your flowers are beautiful. Cosmos are one of my favourites floating around on such slender stems.
It was a good week for making memories. I hope this week is equally good. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for the VERY big smile with Theo!
Yes, they grow so/too fast!
Beautiful flowers, too.

The chicken is pretty clever, actually!

To Smiles!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry I fell asleep while sitting at my computer. I don't even remember making my way to the couch in the office. I'll be back shortly because right now, I must water my plants before the sun gets too hot and the mosquitoes take over. Back shortly.

LA Paylor said...

awe isn't he charming? The pic of the grand children is priceless... and your love for them too

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry it took so long to water today. I love the photo of you in your dress and the christening of Louie.

I don't know who positioned the children, but that photo was GENIUS! In a previous life, I photographed mostly teens for their school photos. Where I lived at the time, photographers didn't come to the school to photograph each child like they did when I was young. Instead, they were referred to various studios in town. I was much cheaper than the studios and the kids had fun posing for me, too. That photo of all the grandchildren is brilliant and so well composed, too. My question is, how many takes did the photographer need in order to get them all so well behaved (grin)?

I LOVE the cat funny about the lady who also photographs her food. That is ME!! Loved it. Hope you are having a great Friday and will have a lovely weekend, too. Your flowers are far more colorful than mine, dear.

BTW, I just realized I will have to miss next Friday, since I will be hosting Second on the 2nd. However, I will drop by to see you, regardless. I just won't be able to link.

Lisca said...

You do look gorgeous and very lovely in that dress. I enjoyed seeing all those lovely photos. I can see it was a really special occasion.
Louie is a darling and the cake looks scrumptious.
Your flowers are still going strong.
I loved the funnies.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca