Wednesday 22 January 2020

WOYWW.....

Oh what a week I've had here at Sewing by Annie's.  I shared my pic of my boy rabbit on Friday if you'd like to see him but since then I've not had spare time for rabbit making because...
  • at 8.30am on Friday I had a customer with clothing to make 3 Memory bears out of
  • at 9.30am on Friday I had a customer with lots of different items of clothing wanting me to make 2 Memory Elephants, a Memory cat and 2 Memory bears and
  • at 10.30 I had yet another customer with several items of clothing wanting me to make 2 Memory bears and 3 Memory cats!!!
As the saying goes it never rains but it pours.

The first 3 Memory bears were easy as they were to be made using a pair of moleskin trousers so nice to use and no interfacing needed and here they are....


 The other 10 Memory characters were all to be different with special requests as to what fabric goes where on which particular character and every item of fabric required backing with interfacing so that meant I had to cut out.....
  • 80 body panels  [each of the 10 needed 4 body panels and each one needed interfacing backing]
  • 48 ear panels  [6 characters required ears so front and back of each ear plus interfacing for them all]
  • 16 tail panels  [4 cats needed tails plus interfacing]
  • 2 elephants have plaited tails
I can never guarantee that I wont get the same through my door on my next working day so I spent all weekend getting my head around which panel was to be in which fabric [right or left or front or back] and I carefully cut them all out and put them ready to start sewing Monday morning....





the first 5 lined up by my sewing machine and...



....the other 5 all cut out and lined up on my cutting station desk.

These will be even more challenging as most of the fabrics are fleecy and fluffy plus these 5 all have to have labels hanging around their necks with 'For ever in my heart' machine embroidered on.



And just so you know I've been kept busy here are the first 5 now completed [ done on Monday].

Of course I don't work Tuesdays with having our little visitor here so the other 5 will hopefully be made today so it will be another busy day head down sewing for me.....of course the streaming head cold with earache that I now have really doesn't help me does it?

I will do my best to pop over to visit you at some point but I may be a little late this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

11 comments:

Helen said...

That's a busy time and some very specific requests! hope you get them done later, and get rid of your cold and earache! Helen #1

Lynn Holland said...

You sewing ladies are dynamite in your stitching. Our friend Val is just like you Annie. She gets through everything so quickly and to such a high standard.
You’re amazing.
Lynn xx 7

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Annie, so sorry to hear that you’ve gone and succumbed, ear ache is so miserable to top a cold off with. Take everything, wont you. Of course the Memory Zoo is a triumph, I love the moleskin trouser remakes! It is a responsibility isn’t it, getting the fabric panels as they are required...I never thought that deeply about our memory bears , I must say!!

Twiglet said...

The Memory Zoo - lovely name for what you do Annie! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The Trio of Moleskins are beautiful I bet it was a treat to work with that fabric. You certain are kept so busy Annie, I wonder whether you have any memory bears yourself or if you just make them for other people? Your Memory Zoo is always a treat to visit. I've just taken a peep at your Luna Lapin Rabbits I especially love the male version looking so daper, he very much reminds me of Hartley the Hare from a program I used to watch when a child called Pipkins.. He's amazing.
Thank you for sharing you take good care of yourself now.
WoywW Hugs Tracey #10

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, wow, so many different memory animals now! Love the elephant, he's fab. Hope the cold gets better soon, and sad you have earache- I think thats one of the worst things to get, can make you so miserable.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X

Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Annie, you couldn't have arranged your Friday morning like that! Customers are like buses, you wait for ages and then the arrive one after the other. I can see you have to be ok incredibly organised when cutting out all those wee pieces - I think I'd get in an awful muddle. Love all the animals, especially the elephant. Sorry your still suffering with earache, hope it eases soon. Hugs, Ellie x #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a busy lady you are and how gorgeous are the results. The cold sounds nasty, hope it clears up soon. Have a happy creative woyww, Angela x16x

Sarah Brennan said...

They are brilliant Annie and I am not surprised that your skills are so much in demand. Hope you got the other 5 done before more turned up! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Anne said...

Gosh Annie i don't know how you do it all. Hope you soon feel better, i think I may have a cold starting :-(
Take care Anne x 19

Catriona said...

You are super organised, Annie, and hope you are well on the way to finishing by now. Hope your cold is clearing and you’ll soon be 100% again. The animals are all beautiful and their new owners will find them such a comfort.