Wednesday 15 January 2020

WOYWW....

Hello all.  Here we are at our weekly meet up of creative desks from all around the world....if you want to know more then click on the link to The Stamping Ground where you will find details and will be made very welcome to join in the fun.

I've had a steady flow of customers here at Sewing by Annie's since I started back after the holidays but it's still allowed me some time to 'play' so my show and tell for today is Luna Lapin based. Since last week I've been busy making clothes for the two rabbits you saw last week and then there is a surprise at the end for you.




The instructions in the book aren't the easiest to understand and you certainly need a certain level of sewing knowledge to make the dresses but I've been enjoying the challenge.

This is the first dress I made.  It's called the t shirt dress and has a detachable bow on the front.  I'm afraid I'm a perfectionist and have gone that extra step by overlocking every seam....most of the seams in the instructions are left raw so would fray over time and that just wouldn't do for me lol.



This was the next little dress I made....this one has tiny pockets on the front and a beautiful white collar....all made like miniature versions on the real ones so very tricky to do so small.

This one reminded me of my Grandma as she was a little Victorian lady who wore dresses with white collars just like this [She died aged nearly 101 when I was just 16 years old and she is who Jo and I get our sewing genes from.  She was a seamstress and her two sisters were tailoresses :-)].



I then tackled the making of the lacy shrug....I needed a degree to work out how this went together but was so thrilled with the result once I'd worked it out.

I'm really loving making these tiny clothes...it reminded me of the small versions of things we had to make in our school sewing lessons.

Of course when you make heirlooms and you have 6 Grandchildren then you just might need to make them one each so guess what?  Yes, I've been busy again....


I sat in front of the telly last night and finished rabbit number three...this one has rather more gender neutral ears and feet so may well be dressed as a boy rabbit and yesterday I printed out the pattern pieces for.....

....jeans, a shirt and a waistcoat.

As they say....Watch this space!

I hope you have enjoyed my show and tell of what's on my desks this week.  I will do my best to pop over to yours ASAP to see what you've been up to.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Helen said...

I knew you'd end up doing one for each of them! Loving the dress with the lacy collar and pocket edges! Helen #1

Lynn Holland said...

Oh I certainly did enjoy your show and tell Annie. The rabbits are wonderful and the grandchildren will treasure them always. Sewing with love and given with love.
Lynn xx

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous! Call for a bit of denim if you want it. xx Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

A rabbit in silk knickers. Only you Annie!! They look grand, and I believe you about the pattern instructions. I once had to resort to a Swedish friend for help understanding a translation of a paper kit I had by Tilda. I used to make Barrie clothes for nieces so I know about the small scale fiddle....I remember throwing a teeny kilt across the room because I couldn’t get the waistband to fit. It was about 2cm round! The things we do for love.

Neet said...

Love the rabbits and their new dresses. The lace jacket is really lush but my favourite is the dress with the white collar. Somehow I am drawn to it. Maybe because it reminds me of a dress I bought recently - ME in a dress!!! Blame that Lynne and her coloured tights, I got tights envy and just had to have some, then I needed legs to show them off so out with the skirts and away with the jeans - just for a change you understand.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The dress is so lovely and it was great to hear about your Grandma! Now she must have had an interesting life. Funnily enough, there's an article on the BBC website today, talking about how the invention of the sewing machine led to the freeing of womens' time.
This Epstein pieces are so tiny, I wouldn't have the patience!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Caro said...

I adore the bunnies even more in their cute clothes. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#5)

Belinda Basson said...

You must have infantisamal patience! I sew in emergencies and on a need to basis... its not fun for me! I however realy admire what you have created here. I am currently putting of getting out my sewing machine for two hems that need to be stiched on a 2m x 60cm banner which is a commissioned piece of work... That will now doubt make it onto the www in the next week or two when my client receives it!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, your rabbits a looking very well turned out now. I love the dresses - they remind me if the Sunday best ones I had when I was younger. The boys will love the jeans wearing Luna's. Good idea to overlock the seams - they are going to have a lot of handling so need to be fray-proof. And tell me about hard to understand sewing instructions - I've just finished struggling with a patchwork block that needed a maths degree to get right! Have a great week. Hugs, Ellie x #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie so loving your bunny, she is so sweet. Pleased to say no crafting time here. Wishing you a very happy and creative WOYWW, Angela x3x

Catriona said...

Oh, Annie, the bunnies are so lovely. I’m ashamed to say that I have had that book for about a year and just drooled at it! I love the little clothes and can’t way to see the boy bunnies. My grandmother was a tailor and she taught me to sew and knit when I was about four years old. I am enjoying knitting my shawl from stash-it may even be next week’s WOWW.

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the rabbits, you are so amazing with sewing, I could never sew neat enough, Happy WOYWW x Angela #22

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh those rabbits are adorable. I found mine from years back when sorting for Valentine things. Will share in a few weeks.Peeped about from being absent and Little Jet is adorable. Have a grand week and enjoy all that comes your way.

Little Dorrit does... said...

The rabbits are indeed multiplying - and they're all fab! Overlocking was definitely the right way to go, these bunnies are surely going to be loved and played with for many years to come.
Amelia (24)

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh can't wait to see the new gentleman rabbit when he's been dressed Annie. How fabulous that you are passing skills that you inherited from your own grandmother in the form of heirlooms for your own grand children. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lisca said...

They are so cute those rabbits. Yes, sorry I called them hares. I hope they weren't offended. I got that one totally wrong.
Yes, lapin number three might well be a boy rabbit. Put them all together and perhaps they will do what rabbits do. It would save you having to sew one for each grandchild.....
See you tomorrow for some smiles.
Hugs,
Lisca

craftyani said...

Love your rabbits and the dress with the white collar. Glad your other sewing is gaining pace after Christmas. I got my sewing genes from my mum, but my daughter is hopeless and would stick her hems up with double sided tape! Ani #4