Wednesday 17 July 2024

WOYWW....

 Another week and another lovely catch up with our creative friends around the world....we link up each week over at Sarah's Craft Shed.  Please follow the link and join us....it's a lovely group and everyone is welcome.

I've had a busy week here at Sewing by Annie's.  I have...

  • Shortened 3 layers on one bridesmaid dress and took it up on the shoulders
  • Shortened 1 layer on another bridesmaid dress
  • Corrected an awful job done on the shoulders of another bridesmaid dress [by another local sewing lady!]
  • Shortened and tapered the sleeves on a gent's jacket ready for his wedding in 2 weeks time
  • Tapered the legs and shortened the legs on 2 pair of trousers
  • Shortened a pair of jeans
  • Replaced the zip in a pair of shorts and
  • Patched and darned another pair of shorts
On top of that I have also...




Made a special frog for Sally [Harry's mum from the charity].  She really loved the last one I made so I made her one of her own and made this one his own cape like the one Harry drew.   She's picking it up tonight [and doesn't know about it as yet]....I hope she likes it.
Sally works so hard for the charity and I felt she deserved something special.








I've made 10 denim coasters for the HJT and tied them in pairs with ribbon.




I then cut out 9 more little frogs to go to the newly diagnosed children with cancer.

I hope this army of frogs, now I have finished them, will help in the fight against childhood cancer....I've made 36 in total.

Each child gets a frog to introduce them to the charity and it's benefits.











That's all from me for this week.  If you leave me a message so I know you've called in I will do my best to pop over to yours to say Hi.  Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

9 comments:

Helen said...

I am sure Sally will love her own frog! the other frogs look gorgeous too, and it's such a nice thing to give to the children. Happy sewing. Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a wonderful array of projects this week Annie and the caped frog is perfect! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW - Thanks for joining in. Sarah

Twiglet said...

Super Frog is lovely 🐸 Hoping to pop round later with a few bits and bobs for Sally . You should make yourself a cape Wonder Woman! x x 🌈 Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the frogs they are gorgeous and the caped one too. The coasters look like a good idea. Sounds like you're as busy as usual! Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

There’s going to be tears when she sees the Caped Froggy, it’s lovely, you’ve caught him well and the army of frogs for the cancer charity are fab too. Gosh you’ve had a busy week, as the old saying goes, if you want something done give it to a busy person! I must pick your brains one day about shoulder alterations on garments!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

What a lovely surprise awaits Sally! I love your frogs. You’ve had a busy week as well. It must be harder to redo poor work than to do it from scratch.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

A special frog indeed, I am sure she will love it. Another busy week I see and your frogs are really hopping🤗. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Lisa-Jane said...

I just caught a glimpse of young Sam's hair - it's amazing! Looks like you've had a busy week there. Love the frog with the cape and I'm sure she'll be very grateful for it. I'm waiting for re-stocks at Tilly Dance Dance to see what's coming up for the summer and hoping for the kits to be re-stocked so I'll try and message her later. Have a splendid week, Lisa-Jane #11 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Neet said...

Lots of work which must be a good thing and lots of frogs which is even better. I bet Harry's mum was in tears when she saw that frog. It really is special.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx