Wednesday 24 July 2024

WOYWW...

 Here we are at another catch up with out creative friends around the world to see what they have on their desks this week.  It's such a lovely friendly group so if you're tempted why not join in the fun?  Just pop over to Sarah's Craft Shed where you will find out more details.

I've had another lovely week with sewing and have a couple of things to share with you...


I've been looking through my stash of fabrics and 'found' a bag of tired/old jeans one of my customers gave me.  I wasn't feeling very enthusiastic about cutting them up to make bags with them so I used a piece off 4 of the trouser legs and made this lovely little bear.  I wasn't sure how easy denim would be to use but I rather love how he turned out....what do you think?






I wasn't feeling very creative this week so I needed some mindless sewing to do.  I decided that, as I gave my last two quilts to the charity, that I would make another strip quilt....It's such a lovely way to use up fabrics that are left over from other projects.
It's nearly finished now...I just need do stitch the border now :-)



That's all I have to share this week.  I hope you've had a great week.  I will do my best to pop over to see what you've been up to.

Hugs,

Annie x

11 comments:

Helen said...

i think denim Ted looks just great! the strip quilt is beautiful. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The denim teddy works well and was worth wrangling the fabric into submission! Lovely strip quilt there missus, you reminded me that I still had a half finished one in the cupboard so I got it out and finished it off! Great to catch up with you and Jo, it’s amazing how two hours shoots by eh?!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love both the teddy and the strip quilt Annie. You can tell it's the summer holidays because I have had a lie in! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Neet said...

The jeans have worked a treat with that bear. I rather like the look of that and he will be hard wearing too.
The quilt is lovely and I am sure it will be enjoyed by whoever wins/buys it. You are a busy bee.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The teddy looks great. I hope you checked those old jeans out as some of the older ones are worth quite a bit mostly Levi and Wrangler. I often feal that my creativity has drifted and I find it's a good idea to just walk away and do something different for a while. Take care and have a good woyww whatever you decide to do. Hugs Angela x11X

Lindart said...

The denim bear is very cute! great job! And the quilt is lovely as well. So talented! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Lynnecrafts said...

I love your denim bear and your quilt is beautiful as well.
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 4 xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Beautiful projects and I'm a sucker for anything made from denim. I love seeing it on quilts in among other fabrics and I can imagine it would sell well as bags too. Have a sunny week, Lisa-Jane #9, www.prettymypage.co.uk

Crafting With Jack said...

Denim Ted looks great. They all look unique even thought they are the same pattern. Your strip quilt looks great too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

BJ said...

Great that you managed to do some sewing despite not being in the mood. Love the denim bear and gorgeous quilt. Hugs BJ#13

Susan Renshaw said...

Well it is already Monday and I am only just getting round to commenting. I was taking part in a virtual retreat which started on Thursday and finished last night - pretty full on - especially as I had other commitments too. Anyway now to finish all the workshops!

I love the denim teddy- and the quilt. I keep meaning to have a go at those strips...but I never seen to have the time!

Happy WOYWW! Susan #5