Friday 10 November 2023

This week's smiles....week 328

I've had another busy week with sewing around the two days we have Grandparent duties.  I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy time with the Grandies around my sewing.




Tuesday was an early start as we had to be over at our son's to take Theo to school then at the other end of the day we collect him to come to ours for tea.  The two boys play so beautifully together and Theo is so patient with a little brother who likes to be in his space all the time :-)



Little Louie has had a cough/cold for a few weeks [and has kindly shared it with us] and on Thursday he fell asleep as is normal on the settee and had 20 mins when he roused, climbed down off the settee, crossed the room to me, climbed up on my knee and went back to sleep for another hour :-)
I think he's just needing more cuddles with not feeling 100%....and I was more than happy to obligue.





He's enjoyed time with his Grandad having a story.  It makes us chuckle because Grandad often puts his glasses on his head to be able to read and normally Louie objects and makes him put them back on his eyes.










Of course I also have a few funnies to share with you...I hope something makes you smile and you will then leave me a little comment before linking to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x


6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Poor Louie. I hope he improves soon. They do seem too need more cuddles when they are sick. Bless Theo and his patience. Such a good big brother. Laughed when Louie wanted the glasses back on your husband's eyes.

The airline I need to be on (grin). Loved the Madeira cake.

Have a super rest of Friday and a great week ahead, dear Annie.

Lisca said...

It's so wonderful what you are doing for your children, looking after the little ones I mean. I'm sure they appreciate it. But even more important for the grandchildren themselves. Children need their grandparents as you are such an influence in their little lives. They will never forget their time with their grandparents for as long as they live. Well done you guys. (I know you love them and do it gladly).
I giggled at the funnies. (Can identify with the NeverEnding Story)
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Such a privilege to be able care for your grandchildren. I did for two of mine but sadly I am not around to spend time with the littlest one.
I hope Louie is feeling better soon. Unfortunately they do seem to pick up every little bug that's around when they first go to nursery.
I am sure you are busy with extra sewing before Christmas, but at least you can pick and choose what you do now. Have a happy week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, pleased to see you've had another good week. I don't know where you find those funnies but they are good. Have to get off quick as we're taking dogs to the groomers this morning then I'll be back to check on everyone else. Hugs, Angela xXx

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your photos and stories about your grandkids, Annie. Your cartoons made me smile, especially the shark 🤣
m on catch up; have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7 xx

Iris Flavia said...

Awwww, thank you for the smiles - your grandkids are the very cutest!
Such a precious age, too! And the big Brother... so kind.
Yes to The Never Ending Story! And the Lego-shark - have a Friday full of smiles!