Wednesday 26 July 2023

WOYWW...

 As promised last week I'm giving you the answer to my puzzle.



If you didn't see last week here is the tool I was using and wondered if any of you would guess what I use it for....and most of you had a guess but none of you actually got it right. My Dad made it for me so it comes out like a much loved friend and I have really enjoyed using it.

Firstly I wind it with wool [so yes some you got that bit right] then I remove the wooden bit which is really used as a spacer to keep the metal prongs the same distance apart.




I then sew securely up the centre of the wound wool and then remove it from the frame..... and make 3 more lengths of  loopy wool.







The lengths of loopy wool then get stitched firmly in rounds onto the rag dolls head. 

 I used to make lots of dolls like this when our children were small so I have really enjoyed making this one....it's for a 'Name the doll' money maker for The Harry Johnson Trust.







She then got a face sewn on and a pair of pants made for her.....a girl needs pretty pants doesn't she?






To finish off I made her a pretty matching dress and a pair of shoes.

I've printed off a chart with 100 girls names on it and they will be sold for £2 a guess so she will raise lots of money for the cause.  She will be at Minsterley show on the Harry Johnson stand.




The other thing I have to share is another school Memory bear.....I have another 5 Memory bears coming some time this week too.

Thanks for calling by.  If you leave me a little message  I will pop over to yours to see what you've been up to this week.

Hugs,
Annie x





14 comments:

Helen said...

That's a great gadget! hope the doll raises lots of money for the charity. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Good Morning such a beautiful doll. I use to use a hairpin lace loom back in the day. Wanted to show a photo but can't Google Images hairpin lace loom and you can see it. Was up at 1 a. m. to adjust the air conditioning, we are in a heat warning Stay in and hydrate. Will be bad for the garden and crops if we don't get rain after another 4 days prediction. AND our Gas sky rocked up just during vacation time for most. School starts in 3 weeks. and I am wondering where did summer go. Our sweet corn is ready so will be freezing some for later use as already did zucchini and green beans. Was hoping for a great abundance of Tomatoes as I love the roasted and juice fingers crossed.
Enjoy the rest of July

Twiglet said...

I forgot to post pic of my gadget - Mark 1 of the designer!. Gorgeous dolly. x x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very clever piece of kit, I would never have guessed. Lovely dolly too. Have a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, I’d never have guessed in a million years what that tool was and yet, it seems so obvious now and perfect for its purpose! Good luck, hope the doll raises loads for the charity. Hope you’re feeling much better now xx
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, I could have guessed for a year and not come up with that use! a what a brilliant gadget! I love that it's home made and still useful, I can see why you love having and using it. The printing of the squares makes sense to me now, brilliant idea!

Lynnecrafts said...

That’s a great gadget, and the ones made by family members are the best, aren’t they? Your way of adding curls to your doll’s head is brilliant. I think she looks like a Flossie!
Love the school memory best
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 16

Sarah Brennan said...

Quick visits today as I seem to be even busier than usual now that the holidays are here. Cool tool and great doll! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Christine said...

How ingenious!!! Love that doll, all my girls had rag dolls of one sort or another . . . . hope the naming goes well.
have a good week
Christine #18

Crafting With Jack said...

What a brilliant way of making loopy hair! I am sure your doll will raise lots of funds. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12 .

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow Annie, I was NOWHERE close to guessing what that tool was. So glad you showed both the hair and the doll. I hope you raise lots of money for the cause. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

My name is Cindy said...

And what a super head of hair that makes!! Would never have guessed lol. I like the idea of the School bears, that's rather cute. Maybe for the grandson!! Good luck with the fundraising. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

Neet said...

That doll is fabulous and the hair maker your dad made for you is absolutely fantastic. What a great dad, no wonder you turned out to be the woman you are. Your children and grandees are so lucky to have you.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

BJ said...

Love the hair maker, brilliant. Hugs BJ#14