Friday 10 March 2023

This week's smiles....week 503

 Here we are at my weekly catch up with the smiles and I can always find something that has made me smile and I hope you can too.


Saturday Mark, Gina and the boys came for a birthday lunch with my darling hubby and they stayed for the afternoon so the men could watch the football together on the telly [Shrewsbury was playing away].

While the men watched the football I got my big box of wool out and the pom pom makers and Theo and Gina enjoyed learning how to make them.

Obviously the football wasn't that gripping because, as you can see, my little boy enjoyed a nap with his little boy :-)




Theo was so proud of his string of pom poms and it now hangs up in his bedroom.




Yesterday morning we woke up to this on our security camera and we were supposed to be having Louie for the morning but as Theo's school was closed because several of the teachers were unable to get in we had Theo too.





So out came the toys and we really enjoyed a morning with the boys.

We don't get to spend a lot of time with Theo now he's a big school boy so this made us smile a lot.

I was supposed to be having a Bride and her two Bridesmaids for their fittings but they had to cancel because of the snow so that was really handy...they are coming next Friday now :-)







Of course I had to find a few funnies to share with you...I hope you all find something to make you smile and will leave me a little message and then link up to your own smiles below.


I hope you have a week filled with smiles.

Hugs,

Annie x



8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, that sounds like many smiles in one week! Snow after all can come in handy sometimes.
Haha, that´s how dishwashers work, that´s why we don´t have one (but me, and I use my hands ;-)...)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. It's snowing again herde as I write this and looks as though it's settling this time. Trust me to have chosen today to book the dogs in for their hair cut! Your weather must have been worse than ours yesterday if the teachers couldn't get in though I know from experience some of them may travel quite some way. Lots of smiles today on the funnies too. Have a good weekend and stay warm. Hugs, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Lovely pics of the boys and great funnies too.😀

mamapez5 said...

It is so strange to see unexpected snow in UK while we have an enexpected mini-heatwave. Ours is due to end on Monday so I hope yours is too.
Lots of fun with the boys there. Louie is a proper 'big boy'now. I like his curly hair.
Mike went sledging with his two step-sons because their school was closed too, on the Welsh border. I guess if you have snow you might as well enjoy it. I was never a huge fan and was happy that Mike was old enough to take his little brothers out to slide and build snowmen!
Your funnies always make me smile too.
Stay safe and have a good week. Kate x

Catriona said...

I love the photo of Louie watching Theo who looks to be concentrating really hard on what he is writing. The pom pom garland looks so colourful and it’s lovely that it has pride of place in Theo’s bedroom. It’s a beautiful sunny day here with very little snow. Catriona

Lisca said...

Well done Theo on making those pom poms. You'll get all your grandchildren crafting one way or another.
Snow! yuck! It looks lovely but I don't really like going out in it. We had lots of it when we lived in Italy but there I lived within walking distance of my work. Many nurses could not get in and many expectant mothers would come in on tractors just in case. So we had people sleeping in the corridors on stretchers and fold beds. Very uncomfortable, and as you can imagine, utter chaos. Then on top of that I had to do shifts of more than 24 hours as nurses from outside the village couldn't get in. Oh sweet memories....
Lovely photo of you and your hubby and the boys.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Theo did a great job making those pom-poms while his dad and brother slept, That snow almost looks like ice. It was good that you got to keep both bys that day, though.

Loved several of the funnies, especially the Crocodile, the support dog, and the hole in the cookie dough. Hope you have a lovely Friday and weekend, dear Annie.

LA Paylor said...

we're used to snow even into May here in Colorado but you were probably shocked!
I liked one of your comics so much last week I looked for it and put it in my post this week! thank you! I love the pic of your family together
LeeAnna