Friday 3 March 2023

This week's smiles....week 502

 It's been another busy week here at Sewing by Annie's but a different sort of busy.  Not so much sewing but more family times...and of course that makes me smile. Also today is my darling hubby's birthday so I'm hoping he has a lovely day.

Saturday saw me enjoying crafty time with Phoebe and Lulu [photo on Wednesday's post].  I love that the girls enjoy delving into my stash and being creative.

We had two mornings looking after little Louie....but yesterday it included an adventure to sort out a flat tyre for Gina.  On her way to us in the morning with the two boys and dog in the car she had a blown tyre so had to be rescued and we took on the job of sorting out the car with Louie in tow....it was a fun morning and Louie was as good as gold.






Louie loves his Grandad and always loves to snuggle up to him for his morning nap [often Grandad has one too].




Louie and Theo went to a celebration at Messy play and it looks as though Louie really enjoyed it....I will add that all the 'mess' was edible :-)





Milly went for a hair cut this week and is so proud of her new look....I always love how it exposes her stripes and makes her look like a puppy although she's nearly 7 now.







Of course we have to have a few funnies and this week I have left them a little larger...I hope that helps Elizabeth.
I hope you have all found something that makes you smile and will link up to your own smiles at the bottom of the page.

Hugs,
Annie x



8 comments:

mamapez5 said...

It sounds as though you had some lovely days with your grand children. Louie looks very comfortable cuddled up with Grandad for a nap.
The messy play looks fun. I never let my children play with their food so this idea doesn't appeal to memuch, but I know my littlegrand-daughter goes to messy play and has a lovely time.
Milly looks very sweet with her new haircut. I can't believe she is seven years old already.
Lots of funnies that I can relate to this week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, the funnies are great this week but then any dog funnies will make me smile. Pleased you've had a good week and that Gina and the little ones were alright. Milly looks gorgeous with her trimmed coat which reminds me I need to get our two sorted soon. Have lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Louie is a cute and happy Birthday to your Hubby. Glad nothing bad happened when the tyre blew!

We have a weight-blanket. Sounds kinda sad now!
LOL. I once called my Mom at work, asking if I may draw a tree. "Sure", she said. I was maybe 4 and to me it was pure logic I paint it on the wall... it stayed till I was 14, lesson learned! Be precise! It was embarrassing. It was a plum tree.
Poor backwards doggy!! That flower!!! LOL.

Twiglet said...

Lovely pics of the gorgeous boys. x x Jo

LA Paylor said...

you found the best jokes today! Messy room... ack!

Lisca said...

sorry, I forgot to link. I'm having friends from Brazil staying until Sunday, and I've been rather busy.
You have been busy too I see. great photos with Louie and hubby. And sorting out a blown tire is no mean feat. Well done you. I really ought to learn how to change a tire, but I keep reminding myself that I have roadside assistance included in my policy, so I don't bother.
Milly looks very elegant in her new coat and the messy play looks like real fun.
The funnies made me smile for sure.
Wishing your husband a very happy birthday,
and have a nice weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

great photos! have a good weekend Helen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for not visiting sooner. I had planned to leave Annie a comment before I left town, but because she didn't post at the time she normally does, I was forced to leave. When I got to my destination, I called my foodie friend Sally, who linked me. I had to leave right away because I have an out of town friend who is on hospice and I was informed if I wanted to say good bye, I should spend time with my dying friend, I just returned this morning.

So good to see Theo and Louie at Messy. And Milly looks SO different with her new "DO."

LOVE that Naked Men flower and the tickle, tickle. They were all adorable. Hope you had a great weekend, Annie.