Wednesday 29 June 2022

WOYWW...

 What a week it's been since last Wednesday.  The work has been pouring it and this week it came with more challenges.  Many of you will have seen this in my Facebook page but for those that haven't meet Fred...



He is a much loved little teddy that had been in a fight with a labrador puppy and sadly he came off worse.  I was given instructions to keep as much as I could exactly how he was and not to wash/clean him.

I started by removing his head and rebuilding all I could.  I had to give him new eyes because one had been ripped out and the other was well chewed.  His muzzle was missing so I had to make him a new one and then embroider a nose to match his old one.....quite a challenge eh?





Here he is finished...and I have to say I was well chuffed with the results.....and so was his owner.

I love my job.  :-)



My to do rail hasn't been this full for months.

I've...

  • shortened 9 pair of trousers
  • shortened a lined skirt
  • rapaired a jacket and 
  • sewn 6 badges on 2 parka coats.
No memory bears this week but I do have very many on their way to me in the up and coming weeks with it being the end of the school year and lots are wanting school bears making [but of course the children are still wearing their uniforms].




On my desk today is an ongoing project that I'm working on in my spare time [yes I do get a bit lol].  I'm making what I am calling a Fidgety Quilt.  It's for a family member with Altzeimers and I'm hoping it will give her something to fiddle with when she needs to....of course I am loving fiddling with it yet.






Hope you have had a fun week.  I will pop over to yours ASAP and hopefully be able to leave you a little message.
Hugs,
Annie x





12 comments:

Twiglet said...

I will look forward to seeing your fidget quilt - a lovely project. xx Jo

Diana Taylor said...

Poor little teddy, what a horrible experience for him to go through but you've done an amazing job on him - he looks like he's well recovered now and in no pain! The fidgety quilt is such a lovely idea and it already looks very pretty and interesting.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #13

Lynnecrafts said...

Fred is looking fantastic now! You should be on the Repair Shop on BBC1! Glad you do get some free time. I’m looking forward to seeing your fidget quilt.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6

Mariane said...

WOW Annie, I must say I am so impressed of what you have done with the Teddy - I love it !!! - I like all your projects and looking at the images you share makes me want to start sewing again (not been doing that since 1973 lol )
Thank you for sharing and have a great day yourself

Hugs
Mariane #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the new flowers they look great and teddy too. His eyes still make him look a bit worried though, hope his family look after him better now. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Oh dear, oh dear! But you did a wonderful reconstruction, Annie! Truly amazing! Perhaps you've missed your calling to be a plastic surgeon! So glad you were able to rescue teddy, what a relief! Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #20

Lillianb said...

Well done on the teddy no wonder the owner was chuffed great job, well done on all your sewing, Take care and stay safe.

Lilian B #15

Sarah Brennan said...

WHat a great slection of projects this week Annie. The teddy transformation is especially impressive. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Tracy said...

Yoooou are an Angel Annie πŸ˜‡ taking care of that poor wee teddy that's been through the wars ... breathing love and life back into him πŸ€— how treasured he will be back with his owner 🌟🌟🌟 You've been so busy tooo ... free time ... not sure how you manage it 😊😘😁 yaay can't wait to see your fidgety ... sure it will be help. I have family that suffer from it. Enjoy all you have going on,sending lots of loooove and hugs always. Tracy #14 xxx

Marit said...

The job you did on the teddybear is really awesome! And I remember having such a quilt, my grandma made it when I was young and it contained all kinds of fabric from old clothes my mum/dad/brother/I wore before - I loved that 'family quilt' very much!! Love from Holland, Marit #4

Crafting With Jack said...

You made a very good job of sorting out that poor teddy. He looks very old. A belated happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Neet said...

I can imagine what anguish you went through before starting work on that mangled Teddy. Blimey, I did not think you would work such a miracle with him, he is beautiful once more and just shows what talent you have. Brilliant! Well impressed.
Hugs, neet xx