Wednesday 11 May 2022

WOYWW...

 Hello all.  Did you miss me?  I was MIA last week while we had a few days away in our motor home on a wonderful, adult only campsite in Llanidloes....it was one of the many Tranquil Sites that can be found around the country and it was simply perfect.

I'm back this week and have been playing catch up with all my sewing. ...it's been coming out of the woodwork this week so I've been kept very busy.


These are the latest 3 Memory bears I've made but still have two on my desk waiting to be made and many more due to come very soon.

These three were made from a Grandma's favourite jumpers/tops.




I was asked to repair a seam on a settee but as you can see it would only stand on it's end in our hall because of it's size and I had to sewing it by hand, with a curved needle and using extra strong thread.....never again I say!!


I have also, in my spare time, been working on my ATCs for the up and coming swap.  I have made about a dozen so am willing to swap with anyone wanting to [first come first served].  Jo and I will be sending our swaps together to save on postage so please anyone who wants to swap please send ours to either Jo or I...we wont fall out as to who gets them :-)

Please send your addresses to wipso2310@gmail.com to save me hunting out the details.


That's all from me for this week but I must say the system here has been playing up for sending comments and there have been several blogs that I have visited that wouldn't let me leave a comment....I promise I do try.

Hugs,

Annie x

14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like you are busy this week Annie - glad you had some chance to get away and relax. The latest memory bears are fab. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I wondered what on earth you were doing in that photo!! That repair sounds like hard work, I don’t blame you for not wanting to do another but I know you like a challenge! I’d like to swap please and will send yours with Twiglet’s to save s stamp xx
HUgs LLJ 3 xxx

Tracy said...

Goood morning Annie 😊 so happy to hear you had such a lovely time away, happpy days!You've been busy though ... love your bears and what they stand for toooo that photo of you doing the repair ... you're a MARVEL Annie πŸ’•⭐πŸ’•πŸŒˆπŸ€Έ‍♀️ Wishing you good days ahead in all you do, love and hugs Tracy #8 xxxxx
P.S
Bloggers still on off for me too but I find if I switch from mobile site to web version it helps ... sometimes 😊 it's so frustrating for us all.

Twiglet said...

Wonder woman strikes again - repairing sofas this time!! What next, I wonder? Gorgeous bears - even lovelier in real life. xx Jo

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, gosh, woman, is there no end to your talents! And is there nothing you won't have a go at? I can just imagine how difficult sewing that sofa cover was. Anything else will be a dawdle after that. The campsite sounds very similar to one we stayed at in Wales many, many years ago. Adults only. Quiet. Peaceful. I love children but sometimes it's good to get away from the noise. Your bears are, as usual, adorablx #4e. Love to you both, and Millie too. Hugs, Ellie, #4

Lynnecrafts said...

That settee looked hard work Annie! Lovely memory bears.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 5

Helen said...

My sofa needs repairing... just saying ! I need to get cracking with atcs! Helen #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Sewing the seam on the sofa looks tricky. I am intrigued by your materials for your ATC, I cannot come up with an idea I like at the moment. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I'm ready for ATC's if you still have some/if not I understand. I'll send to Jo So glad you had time to get away, we need that, but his BUSY season. Usually done in April so behind Weather here is so mixed up and as is our shopping. I need to take advantage of everyday with no wind in walking, changed my diet somewhat Missing my grandkids so much. Hope your BIG project gets finished and you can enjoy your thrills.

Neet said...

I thought you were doing a dance in the hallway. Honestly Annie, you need to learn to say 'no' when it comes to things like that. How on earth did they transport it to you?
Hugs, Neet 6 xx
ps glad you had a lovely break. x

Diana Taylor said...

Goodness, is there no end to your sewing talents - that sounds like a nightmare of a job, and rather uncomfortable too by the look of it. I'd be happy to swap if you haven't filled up your dance card already so to speak!
Have a great week,
Diana xx #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Commenting is a difficult business again, such a pain. It would seem to me that it’s Google’s attempt to make every one who wants to comment become a Google user. Bad.
Glad the Motor Home is in good use, keep you rested in between manic work weeks! Just last weekend I scrapped a photo of the four of us in the field at Rowde, such a great time.

Caro said...

Wow! That sofa repair looks like a nightmare. I would Love to swap with you and Jo if that is still possible! I am running so late this week again... Happy very belated WOYWW. Caro xx (#18)

Spyder said...

Sorry I'm soooo late, having trouble with connection and that reminds me>>>I haven't started my ATC's yet, but hopefully should have a few done by Wednesday! Well thats one thing I never done, mend a settee! Loving the teddies! Happy VERY late WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #20 (last!)