Friday 1 April 2022

This week's smiles...week 466

 Another week has passed and it's been a busy one here at Sewing by Annie's.....so of course I'm smiling.  I'm pleased so say Gina is still hanging in there....not totally uneventful but even spiking a temperature and having to have a trip to hospital for monitoring and having tightenings most days the baby has now reached 37 weeks. ...she is being induced on 11th April if she gets that far.

I have a few photos to share with you of course...


Gina makes a lovely banana cake....because you can make it all in one saucepan...so I asked for the recipe and here's the results.  You are welcome to help yourselves to a slice while you read on [be quick cos there's now only one cake left now as we had a slice each yesterday while Gina was here resting and what was left was sent home with her for Mark and Theo].




My collage of smiles here is of Theo....top two pics are from going to football with his daddy and his grandad.  Bottom left he is baking a banana cake with his mummy and bottom right is of his daisy chain that he is proudly holding up.



Here's the latest collage of flowers from our garden from this week....the trees are coming into bloom and even down to the tiny violets and cowslips they are all filling my days with smiles each day.











Finally here's my latest funnies that I've found to share with you this week.  I hope you have enjoyed my smiles for this week and will leave me a message before you share your own smiles by linking below.
Hugs,
Annie x


5 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. I always enjoy seeing how the family are getting on, you must be very proud of them. Not surprised there's not much of the cake left it looks delicious. Of course the dog funnies will always make me smile. Love the knock, knock funny especially. Off now to try and persuade Maisie it's not too cold for a walk! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Lovely photos Annie. Glad Gina is still doing OK. Enjoy your weekend. Kate xx

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos - the cake looks yummy. I loved the worker bee joke - reminded me of our last theatre trip!!! xx Jo

Lisca said...

I'm glad Gina is still hanging on in there. (even with a little excitement on the way) It helps that your mum is/was a midwife.
That banana cake looks delicious. I made one too recently and it goes very quickly, I know.
Your garden is looking really nice. I know you have been having decent weather and that makes a lot of difference. (I'm seeing dear Theo in short sleeves!)
The funnies are great! I hadn't seen any of these. The builder's bum bees are hilarious.
Have a lovely weekend,
I hope the weather holds,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

velcrows...lol! love your flowers and I had what was left of the bread