Friday 6 August 2021

This week's smiles...week 433

These weeks sure are whizzing by aren't they?  They say time flies when you're having fun don't they?  I have been really very busy with sewing and the bride, who's dress I did major alterations on her dress nearly a month ago, finally came on Wednesday for her final fitting.  Her dress looked amazing, I was really pleased with how the alterations turned out and the best bit was I was finally paid for all the work I'd done.....:-) :-)

I have a few smiles to share with you...






Amy's field has now been cut and baled and I really love this photo of  the 3 children and of course the two dogs....they are so very lucky to be growing up where they are.






They have a quad bike between them and have been enjoying timed races around the bales in the field.




Lulu had a sleep over at one of her friends this week....I love the teepees they slept in....and, looking at her smile, so did Lulu :-)




Shell's dog, Jet, is meeting a little holidaying friend....I'm not sure what she thinks of her but the twins have loved having their little visitor.



We have had two little [or not so little!] visitors in our garden this week too.  Milly found them so they had to be moved to keep them safe.  They are the caterpillars of the Elephant Hawk- moth and are huge....isn't nature amazing?

That's all from me for this week.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've called by and then link to your own smiles below.

Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, is there? Makes you wonder if the bride was having second thoughts. It was nice to finally get paid, too.

The youngsters look like they are having fun sitting on the bales and riding and weaving through the maze of bales.

Lulu looks like she had a great time. She looks so grown up in that photo. I would not have recognized her had you not said something.

Have a super weekend and new week. See you back here in two weeks, dear Annie. Right now, I'm headed to the couch, then to bed.

Twiglet said...

So many lovely smiles there Annie. Those caterpillars are amazing! xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

I am so glad the bride's dress was a success and you got paid!
Those children really are lucky living where they do. So many opportunities to have fun. I am sure the quad bike keeps them busy for hours.
I hope the hamster cage has a good door closure. Ours escaped and lived behind the skirting boards for weeks before we managed to trap it, unharmed, and take it back to its home!
Those caterpillars are amazing, as is the moth so I hope they pupate safely. I remember finding one in an old shoe once. We have quite a few species of hawk moth out here, but I am not sure about that one.
Kate x

Catriona said...

Glad the tardy bride finally arrived and paid you for the work you had done. I love all the photos including the giant caterpillars. Did you have thise last year too? Happy weekend-we are still working on the garden.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm back from walking the dogs. It was sunny when we left this morning and it's sunny now but decided to rain while we were out, typical! Pleased the children are enjoying their holiday and also that you saved the caterpillar, I'm sure Maisie would have eaten it given half a chance but don't know if Milly would. Stan seems okay but the vet said she was surprised that he seems so lively as apparently the prostate is very swollen. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Lillianb said...

Lovely pictures and like you say so lucky to grow up there, When I was a child we lived next door to a farm, oh what fun that was,

Tale care and stay safe,

Lilian B #10

LA Paylor said...

OOO i love the pic of dog welcoming a tiny visitor. We can live in peace!

Lisca said...

Great that the bride's dress was a good fit. I gather she left it a bit late...
I love that photo too of Amy's three on the hay bale. They are very lucky indeed to grow up there.
What a wonderful sleepover! A gorgeous teepee with all those lights. I wonder if I could do that with our bed? (only joking)
Jet is looking very puzzled at that guinea pig.
The caterpillars are amazing. I haven't seen them that big. I'm glad you have moved them to safety.
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Lisca