Wednesday 18 August 2021

WOYWW...

 Hello folks.  Did you miss me?  I was MIA last week because, although the intention was there, I couldn't join in the fun.  We were away on an adventure in our motor home on a Tranquil [adult only] campsite mid Wales with no television and very poor internet which made writing a blog and visiting others totally impossible so sorry all.

This was what I was busy doing last week...



I enjoyed some me time and did a bit more painting........I'm really enjoying experimenting and will probably make them into cards at some point.




Here is a special little bear that came into Annie's hospital ward needing love and attention.  He was coming apart at the neck and needed a bit of new stuffing.

He was a very brave bunny and his 9 year old owner was really happy when he came to collect him.  :-)


This is my desk today...I'm back to making memory bears.  These ones are for 3 children who have just finished school in America and are now moving to Australia.  I previously made them 3 bears when they moved from their school in Jordan so my little bears are slowly spreading Annie's love around the world.  :-)



One of the Memory bears is to have a pinafore made out of this one the little girl wore as part of her uniform so I have to make a pattern so it looks the same only bear sized :-)

I love a challenge as you know.  If I remember I may take a photo to share with you next week.

Hugs,

Annie x

16 comments:

Twiglet said...

I am sure you will make a perfect little pinafore! xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m glad you had such a lovely time in this pretty part of Wales! The bunny looks much happier now, well done Dr Annie! A mini pinafore in that lovely check fabric will be perfect for a memory bear.
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Lynn Holland said...

We are off on our travels today, to see my sister in Oxford. So I’m stopping by quickly to see what you’ve been upto.
I got a lovely set of paint brushes in a case for my birthday. When I get home I’m going to join you in a bit of art work. It’s a long time since I had a play
Have a good week Annie
Lynn xxx

Caro said...

Glad you had a fun trip away - those Brush pens look great. I do love the idea of a bear in a pinafore and look forward to seeing her next week. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

Crafting With Jack said...

Glad you enjoyed your time away. We will be home in another week. Earlier if the weather doesn’t improve! Have a great week Angela #4

Helen said...

Glad you're enjoying your breaks in the motor home. The bunnies are cute and i love that pinafore . Helen #2

Catriona said...

Busy lady as always-the bear will look lovely in her little pinafore. Happy sewing!

Neet said...

Look forward to seeing the memory Bear next week.
How lucky are those children that are starting to have a collection of your bears - wonder if they will move again and need a further one?
Keep sewing and smiling
Hugs, Neet 11 xx

Elizabeth said...

A few days away with no outside contact sounds just perfect to me, Annie. And to spend it experimenting with paint, even better. I'd feel so sorry for the poor bunny but it's clearly been much loved. I wonder how many times those globe-trotting children will change schools ... much more and they could build a huge collection of Annie's bears. The little pinafore is going to look really cute on a bear. Have a great week and enjoy your next trip away from it all. Hugs, Ellie x #24

Susan Renshaw said...

A few days away like that must have been wonderful!
I love the idea of making the pinafore out of the school dress!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #15
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Felicia said...

Annie, ohhhhh the cuteness of that bunny! I am POSITIVE that sweet little owner will be soooo thankful you rescued their fave bunny! LOL Your memory bears of always stunning, so NO DOUBT your rendition of a pinafore for that young lady's bear will be perfect!!! Sorry getting around so late this week! Blessings, Felicia #26

Lillianb said...

Glad you had a lovely time away, I just know you will make a great job of all the memory bears and the pinafore will turn out lovely.

Take care and stay safe.

Lilian B #16

Julia Dunnit said...

Woo, nice painting works Miss Annie. Aren’t those pens handy for taking with you, so glad to know that you’re making the most of the motor home, it’s just wonderful to know that you have ‘removed’ time together. Aw great work on the wards again, rabbit really needed a shot of stuffing and a few stitches! No doubts about the mini pinny, hope you have fun doing it.

Spyder said...

Oh don't forget to let us see the bear in a pinny that would be so cute! Sorry I'm late for woyww. I can't get into Julia's so I'm guessing who did and hoping to get round that way! The bunny looks very much like my Oliver's 'Lambie' it needs a wash but he won't part with it! Your painting practice looks brilliant! Have a great rest of the week Happy WOYWW ((lyn)) #22( thanks to Zsuzsa)

Shoshi said...

I'm glad you managed to get away, Annie. How sweet that you have a hospital for poorly bunnies and others... Gorgeous little pinafore which I know will fit a bear beautifully.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23

akilli melek said...

Glad you had a good time xx
Caroline & Ayla