Wednesday 21 April 2021

WOYWW...

 Happy Wednesday to one and all.  It's a different sort of desk I'm sharing today...


I enjoyed some 'me time' over the weekend doing some more watercolour painting and doodling.  I never like to leave things in an album so I've cut them out and mounted each one as cards...I'm sure you will all be surprised to see I have guillotines and promarkers ....I have all the gear..... as the saying goes :-)




I'm rather pleased with the results considering it's years since I did any painting....and I think the results rather surprised several of my family members so that put a big smile on my face.





That's it from me for today...I've no sewing to share with you as last week was filled with altering 3 wedding dresses and 2 bridesmaids dresses but I didn't take photos because I'm not allowed to share them sorry.  I will be making two special Memory bears today so hopefully I will have more photos I can share next week.

Thanks for calling by today.  If you leave me a little comment so I know you've called in I will pop over to yours as soon as I can.

Hugs,

Annie x



16 comments:

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Annie, what lovely cards! So glad you enjoyed some time for yourself.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I have loved discovering painting again and these little ‘doodles’ are just great, they don’t have to be perfect or show lots of techniques, they’re just fun to do and isn’t that what crafting should be all about? Btw, the colours you’ve painted are very you!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Twiglet said...

Your cards are gorgeous and what a lot of fun you have had. Max loved hers - thanks lots. PS I could get on Julia's blog by following Jan's link!!!! xxx Jo

Anne said...

Hi Annie. Glad you had time for you and the results are fab. I have a hankering to try something different. Anne x 18

Helen said...

Fantastic cards ! I envy painters. Have a good week Helen #4

Crafting With Jack said...

Great watercolour work. Love the birds, they remind of “Happy Painting” with Clarissa. Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #3

Lisa-Jane said...

How lovely to see your other arty side! I really love the owls with their long legs and the bottom watery flowers too. Glad you are finding some "me time". Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, Annie - all these look wonderful! I didn't know you had these hidden talents! You should play more to your heart's content! Thanks for your visit - I always appreciate it! xx zsuzsa #15

Neet said...

My goodness what did LLJ start when she first showed us her watercolouring? Nice to see that you are papercrafting - don't hold your breath on my stitching though.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, nice to see you having fun with something different. I seem to have been taken over by dragons at the moment, couldn't resist the journal but as yet have no idea what I will put in it. You take care and have a very happy creative woyww, Angela x12x

Olde Dame Holly said...

I enlarged your paintings to see them better. Wow! How pretty! What an artistic ability you have!

Lynn Holland said...

It’s a nice change for you to do a bit of doodling and painting. It’s ages since I did any myself. I’m supposed to be engrossed in a project experimenting with lace at the moment but the great outdoors keeps calling me.
Have a lovely week Annie
Lynn xxx 19

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous cards Annie - glad you had some time to play. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Shoshi said...

Annie, your watercolour doodles are simply gorgeous - love them all, but especially the overlapping circles. You have made them into stunning cards, too. I feel really inspired to do some more of these myself - it's been a long time since I did any. Once I get back in the studio when I've finished this run of yarn-based projects, it's on my "to do" list. It sounds as if you are as busy as ever with your sewing, too.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #20

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely watercolouring and super cards made from the images.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #14

Spyder said...

I don't think I could be without my ProMarkers! Lovely imaages, that's the way to do it! Just paint away and then cut what ever it is into squares and mount of backing paper or card...then they look like little individual works of art! Stay Safe, keep crafting and have a lovely Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#8