Friday 30 April 2021

This week's smiles ....week 419

 Another week has flown by and there's been plenty to smile about.  My hubby has had his second Covid vaccine and I should be getting mine soon....that's got to be good news eh?  I had a fairly quiet start to my week with work but it's gone crazy again now so yesterday was a busy day all day and there is still sewing waiting for me to do today :-)

I had a visit from my big sister on Monday and we Facetimed Jan Appleton in south wales while she was here....it was so lovely to catch up with them both.  I had seen some Arteza painting pens on Jan's blog over the last few weeks and had every intention to buy myself a pack but as the saying goes...great minds think alike.....Jo had thought the same and came with a pack to share.  I had a little play with some but decided that to be able to use them properly I wanted a full pack of 48 to allow shading when using them and these arrived yesterday...





I can't wait to have a play with them....maybe over the long weekend?





The garden is bursting into bloom everywhere we look and that always makes me smile....bottom right is the patch of lily of the valley...they seem to have spread lots since last year and I can't wait for the flowers to come.


Our raised veg patch has been planted up and everything is growing....isn't nature wonderful?

We have beetroot, chard, lettuce, radish, carrots, peas and at the far end there's garlic and onions growing.  I love fresh veg.





That's pretty much all for this week. I'm not sure the sun is going to shine over the weekend but that's nothing new for a bank holiday and I'm sure we will make the best of what ever.  I hope you can all find something to make you smile and you will leave me a little message before linking to your own smile below.

Hugs,

Annie x

8 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Good morning Annie
Tuning in here on a Friday is a reason on its own to smile.
Your garden is starting to look colourful and productive. We are not quite there yet, still on the dragging out and
throwing in the skip stage. Getting there slowly but satisfyingly moving forward p.
Have a lovely weekend, I’m not even looking at your new pens in case I get tempted heehee
Lynn xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have No idea how time got away from me. I didn't even realize it was Friday until I saw Lisca's post. Sorry I can't platy today, but I sure like those coloring pens. And of course, your veggie garden is looking good, too. Have a super Friday and a great weekend, Annie.

Twiglet said...

Your little garden is going so well! Green fingers ha! Glad you got your pens. I think Ben was impressed with his - I put them in a tin with a pad of watercolour paper for him. Artists of the world unite!!! xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

A happy blog today Annie. I am interested in your pens so I shall read up about them, (not that I need any more colouring materials you understand!).
The garden is really pretty and how lovely to have all those fresh veggies to enjoy soon.
I particularly like lily of the valley. Mum paid a lot for a tiny posy of them to go on my wedding cake. They can be a bit fussy to grow so you must have just the right spot for them.
Enjoy playing with your pens. Kate x

Lisca said...

Oh lucky you to treat yourself to a full box of 48 pens! Please show us what you doodled over the weekend. I'm sure they will accompany you in the campervan wherever you go. Something to do when it rains.
Your garden looks really nice. The veggies too. We have eaten our first lettuce. I don't like salad things but I ate a whole leaf just because it was home grown.
Have a lovely Bank holiday,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was fun to chat! Hope you’re having fun with the pens, I love mine ❤️❤️
LLJ xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, sorry I'm late today as I got slightly distracted when we got back from walking the dogs. The weather forecast doesn't sound too good for the weekend but it's quiet bright today though I am also pleased that we've had some rain too as the ground was getting very dry. The new pens look good and I'm sure you will enjoy using them. leased to hear you're getting your second jab soon, we had the phone call this morning to go next Thursday. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Catriona said...

Love the cushions and the idea of a hug has never been more poignant. Love the pens but you knew that anyway! Happy long weekend.