Wednesday 7 April 2021

WOYWW...

 Here we are at another Wednesday catch up with our creative friends all around the world by linking up over with Julia at The Stamping Ground.  I hope you have all enjoyed a slightly more relaxed Easter and have enjoyed at least a little sunshine.

I've managed a little me time and you will be pleased to see that my latest Luna Lapin friends have now been dressed....




Freya Fawn asked me to make her a sailor dress and I'm rather pleased with the results....So is Freya :-)





Foxy lady asked for a tie shoulder dress which was really easy to make and she was really thrilled with her dress.


I was then asked to make two memory cushion covers for one of my customers.  She explained how she wanted them to be with the sleeves to come across to tie at the front.   I did my best....they were both to be made from thick knitted cardigans so really not easy to sew and every cut edge had to be overlocked to stop the fraying.





The sleeves on this one were longer than the other one so easier to tie but both cardigans were very thick chunky knits so quite a challenge.




This is my desk this morning....I'm in the middle of making two gorgeous Memory bears to match the one I made a while back.  The first one was loved so much that my customer brought me the matching skirt to make two more for other family members. :-)



On my other desk is the parcel that arrived before Easter for me to make two more memory bears so as soon as I finish the other two this is what I will be doing today....I love keeping busy.....and always love my bear making.





I hope you have enjoyed your visit today and will leave me a little comment so that I know you've called by.  I will do my best to call round to see what you're all doing as soon as I can.  Keep smiling and stay creative.

Hugs,

Annie x


20 comments:

Helen said...

the little clothes look great and much easier than the memory cushions - well done on those!! Have a great week. Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Your little woolly cushions are a hug in themselves - fab. Love the animals in their outfits too. xx Jo

Neet said...

Glad that you are being kept busy with your sewing of memory bears - how unusual the cushions are - I thought at first it was an arm chair you had been asked to replicate.
Love the dressed babies, especially the sailor suit.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. My word - "boredom" never happens in your house, does it! Great costumes for Freya and Foxy lady. Well done. Hmmm... yes, I think I would really have struggled with tying the sleeves at the front there - well managed. And yet more bears.... what can we say?!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Lisa-Jane said...

Even for a non-sewer I can see that those cardi's must have been a nightmare to work with but definitely worth it - they look like a hug! Loving the sailor dress too. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane, #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Both costumes are gorgeous but the little sailor dress wins the day for me, the detail is amazing. Well done on using the knits for the cushions, blimey, that sounds like it was a nightmare to work with, I admire your patience!
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely dresses for Freya and Foxy. Well done for meeting the challenge - indeed it sounds quite a tricky job with the cardigans. Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #21

Sarah Brennan said...

Busy, busy, busy as ever Annie. Love the cushions with the tied sleeves even if they were awkward to make. Cool clothing for the latest critters too! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Annie! Freya's sailor dress is super cute, I bet she's pleased with it. The fabric for those extra bears is really pretty. Your bears are certainly keeping you busy. Have a great week, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy #16 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm with you, it's good to keep busy. All your little animals are looking great and I'm sure they will be pleased to have clothes now. Sending big hugs and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

Caro said...

The little dresses are adorable. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

Julia Dunnit said...

It gives me a lot of pleasure to see the memory bears on your sewing machine....usually we see them standing or sitting and the lying down angle shows off their wonderful tummies! The garden pics in your Friday post are a joy.

Lynn Holland said...

I’m so glad you listen to the little ladies requests for new outfits. We don’t want them acting like petulant teenagers do we haha.
I’m glad you found some me time Annie.
Have a good week
Lynn xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

They are looking very smart with their new clothes. Well done on the cardigan cushions. Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #6

Spyder said...

Foxy lady and Freya look very happy in their new dresses, The memory cuhions are such a good idea, Stay safe! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #13

Catriona said...

Love the little clothes and what patience you have making the jumper cushions. Very cold here today so some sewing of bunting was done.

Shoshi said...

The little animals certainly look pleased with their new outfits, Annie. What a lovely idea making cushion covers from the knitted garments - with the folded arms they almost look like a hug! I can see that they would be a challenge to make, though - not that anything seems to be beyond your amazing talents.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #20

Anne said...

Hello Annie. You are always so busy, such beautiful makes. I don't know how you do it all. I seem to have less and less energy. Never mind, I'm sure I will survive. Take care Anne x 29

Olde Dame Holly said...

Freya looks especially lovely! And your memory bears are such a joy to see.

Susan Renshaw said...

I always love to read your post especially seeing the bears.
Those clothes you have made are lovely. The cushions are an interesting change!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #19